
I also made two of those grain and lavender filled cushion pads that can be heated on the radiator and used for a sore tummy, shoulders etc. I bought some organic grain in the HFS and used the lavender that I cut and dried from last year's garden, with the above plush material. I can't believe how yummy they are, so heavy and scented and soft. I made two and have so much material left that I have decided to make loads more for Christmas gifts. The organic grain was only 50p a bag and I only needed two bags! I am on a roll now! Felix wanted to hug the one of them all afternoon, and carried it around like a baby! So I guess one is his now! They really are very tactile - and when heated ohhh the scent of lavender drifts right through the house. Here is Fe clutching his (it's the squishy cream coloured thing :)

Also craft wise, yesterday Isaac and I each took old clean glass jars, spread them with glue and then covered them with coloured torn-up tissue paper, green grass, blue night sky, white stars, little people, moons etc. It was very absorbing. Then we put tea lights inside and I used wire to tie around the top and make a carrying loop handle - lanterns! Very very beautiful. Felix didn't want to join in and was in another room and when he saw them he ohhed and ahhed and got all excited because Isaac's has two little brother figures on with curly hair. They are really pretty when lit up:

The Steiner school Christmas fair we visited was very cute, you know, the whole deep in a wooded valley, little buildings with grass roofs, clay outdoor bread oven, veg and fruit stalls, wood toy stalls... we watched a story telling of the Snow Queen in the Kindergarten and the room was decorated in white silk with little sheepskin cushions on the floor for the tiny children... at the end of the story each child received a little white wrapped gift from the snow Queen (dressed up K teacher). Both boys loved it, but best of all they loved the Kindergarten garden, sand pit, real boat to play in, ropes and all over looking a fast flowing river. It was a beautiful place. The downer for me was hearing some muppet guy who was making the pizza talking in this really spiritual way about creation myths and how his soul was being stretched in so many new ways... yada yada (I am thinking geesh get on with making the pizza already - look at this big queue!) then I realised he was a teacher and my heart sort of sank, because really the thought of this drippy guy teaching a bunch of kids was a bit much. So then we left and it was a dream of a place but I knew in my heart my boys would not go there, I could not imagine for the life of me Don conversing with all of the guys there with dreads.... I dunno. The whole set up is so contrived and the teaching seeming lacking in spontanity that is found at home. But I feel happy I figured it out and found my feelings about the Waldorf way, so that's another thing I made - or at least made my wandering mind up about.
No comments:
Post a Comment