Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Paisley

A lovely friend managed to part with some snippets of her favourite fabric, she said it was hard to cut me a strip but she couldn't think who else would cherish it like she does! It's the sort of fabric you can just gaze at. Pale duck egg blue, mint green, fushia and pale pinks, swirly and so so girly and pretty. This particular fabirc was designed by Cath Kidston for Ikea some years ago and is difficult to get hold of - I check out ebay regularly for this stuff and it sells for crazy prices. Today I used up two thirds of the strip on two little baby/child items: a dog with some snippets of cotton velvour ears left over from other doll making days, blanket stitched and stuffed with organic sheep fleece. And the doll; also stuffed with fleece and with a cotton blue velvour hood.

Here is the fabric:


And what I made with bits of it:





I also have a metre length piece of this that I am relishing looking at and drawing out the deciding on what to do with it.....

2 comments:

nil said...

you know that fabric would be adorable as those little triangle garland things over a window with matching bed cushions-you know to help dream of sailing and distance places say like AUSTRALIA hehe
Love Sonia

Melody said...

Very cute! I love that fabric too. I have a weird thing about paisley and yet I can't say that I own anything paisley...hmm...

I was going to say that the sailboat fabric looked like it was begging to be made into boy clothes, but I like Sonia's idea too!