
My body feels so huge this time, this far along, and I am getting so tired. So quickly! I end up crying by bedtime, but really I am actually ok, I feel pretty happy, and I am working out ways to get more rest, and so far am sleeping fine (I just want more of it, that's the issue).

I am enjoying the new change-arounds in our home, just little things, but sometimes little things make you feel so much better.

new knitting spot
I am so appreciative of a man who really insists that I go and walk with them all and the dog, and I heave my baby-bulk out with them and then feel so much better. Continually feeling very lucky that we live surrounded by such beauty, on such scale and that we really do have no masses of people to share it with. That is such a gift, selfish as it sounds.


It means we can walk and walk and not bump into people. I so love that (unsociable as it sounds, really I just like being with my family, outdoors, and uninterupped by the rest of the world).

Feeling daily challenged by my feisty beautiful girl. Sometimes I meet the challenges she presents me with. With creativity and love; and when I do and both of us end up pleased and happy it's such a big lovely thing. And sometimes I don't. And we have little battles of will. Mostly though I remember. I am the adult, and this means that she has very little control of her world. I need to take my own 'time out' and challenge what conventional parenting would asume I do (like insist on my way since I am the perfect adult, or be the dicatator). When I can back down and see things her way what I end up seeing is that really she wants my comfort and a hug and some reassurance that what she wants is not wrong. It just conflicts with what I want in that moment. Is not that she 'wins', it's that I am big enough to know that if I looked back I wouldn't want to 'win' over a tiny lovely learning little girl. I'd want her to know that her opinions and wants and desires and needs were valuable. Even the weird shit. Like wearing tights in the full sun on a hot day, or that apparently it really does matter that no one else ever touches your cutlery before you do. Yeah. Weird stuff. I see her little tree fairy face in the first pic on here and think how lucky I am to get to share my world with such interesting teachers ;)

Nice weird: When we sniff the honeysuckle, standing there too long, we think that we might get dizzy and fall into fairyland.

Am doing well pretty much with my low carb, paleo style eating. Except the fruit. I just crave watermelon All The Time. So I eat it. I don't think pregnancy is a time to ignore cravings :) Who knows why my body needs watermelon (or um, chocolate brownies). It's tricky to distinguish nutritional needs from desires with cravings. But yeah, pregnancy is a time to be easy on yourself I think.

The Man's sweet early morning gift yesterday.

edited because I just found this in my photo account. It's blury and black and white (and sort of nakid so maybe it will get removed or something). I guess it's my 28 week shot. But hey, I am HUGE, and feel it and still have two months to go :) Lovin' my belly and baby tho, aches and all :) Also - that towel rail behind me? That was where I stood and birthed my last baby..... its sort of cool to constantly be using the space that is so ordinary and yet so special. That is birth though; ordinary and special.
10 comments:
Lovely blog post Claire. Glad you are ok and I totally get what you are saying about not being sociable. Our old house was a great place to live, but far, far too many people. Nice people, nice kids. But just not MY people and some days (most days) I don't want to make pleasantries or say hellos. I used to say to DH that if I was a horse, I'd have my ears back and teeth gnashing!! Your b&w photo is very beautiful. As you know, I had some semi-nude photos taken when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Billy and oh, I am so, so glad I did. I look at them and they make me feel so beautiful. They were expensive, but worth every penny.
I have a new blog by the way. I launched it today and it's not a personal blog as I was trying to get away from that, so it's all stuff relating to crafts, not just my stuff but celebrating other people's too. Here's the link if you're interested - http://the-leathercraft-shed.blogspot.co.uk/.
How many weeks have you left in your pregnancy by the way? Keep resting and hoping that you are getting at least a little bit of sunshine over where you are because there's nothing like sitting out in the sun and feeling your baby wriggling inside. Magical. Lots of love xxxxxxxx
Ohhh! Thanks Pippa! I will check out your new blog, great :) I have about 10 weeks left..... feels ages away, but I know it will whizz by. Hope you are well and little Billy is growing. Really miss hearing about your life and thoughts Pippa xxxx
I craved watermelon too with my 2nd baby and my boy has always adored it too (and tells everyone that it's because I ate so much when he was in my tummy!) xx
I craved watermelon too with my 2nd baby and my boy has always adored it too (and tells everyone that it's because I ate so much when he was in my tummy!) xx
Hey Claire - watermelon is diuretic :) I craved it like mad in Kaelin's pregnancy, and dropped a bunch of the water I'd been retaining. I used to eat a whole watermelon in 24 hours (the big kind lol!) and even get up several times in the night to eat it. I was *obsessed* lol.
I'm loving your photos lately :) They often stop me in my tracks :) I love the way you share here - it's very unique and not at all like any other blogs I see - which is pretty wonderful considering how many blogs there are out there.....
Hi Claire, such wise words as always : ) you have such a lucky family! If you need anything drop me a line xx
So glad to read that all is well, albeit a tad tiring!
Love the bump pic, enjoy your last few weeks.
San x
Thanks for the kind words, and Heather, you are too generous with your photo talk, since you are a 'real' photographer tho, it makes me feel happy :) xxx
psst - still waiting on your address please!
Looovely bump!
Post a Comment