
Knitted nappy cover/soaker: It took me three attempts to get the rolled edge leg cuffs right, but the rest was easy-peasy. It's a Noro yarn in a wool silk mix. I'd like to try a pair of longies next, my SIL's baby is due in winter and she loves cloth but I don't know if she has used wool soakers much, she can try these!
I get a Suma order once a month. If you don't know, Suma is a big wholefood supplier and supplies health food shops and farm shops with everything from orgainc grains to tomato ketchup to chocolate to Weleda soap. If you live rurally enough you can make an order, I get together with a couple of friends. The thing is though, everything comes in bulk, so say 30 toilet rolls, or a giant box of six olive oil soaps... as you can see the packs of kitchen and toilet rolls are played with more than toys in here right now. Isaac and Felix have made sofas, houses, walls, toilets (!) and so many other things. Yesterday they sectioned off the laundry room and told me it was 'boys only'. Don said, oh great that means me! Certainly not! You are a man, Isaac told him sternly.


Felix the pastry chef. He sees a rolling pin and he is a whirling, pizza throwing, dervish of a worker scattering snippets and shape cutters like a mad man. I am squished to one side to make the humble chicken pie dinner, slightly in awe of his pin wielding.
3 comments:
totally off-topic.... that has to be the coolest pair of overalls I've ever seen! Did you make them?
Alas no! (Bought from Bishopton Trading a fairtrade organic cotton company and are also reverseble for extra wear)! But OMG - wonderwoman! My childhood hero. I once though she was the most sexy and beautiful woman alive (I was 8) but hey she is still a funky diva.
Claire
I was going to mention the adorable over-alls too. He looks so terribly cute in them!
That soaker is just beautiful. Both babe and mom are going to be feeling very luxurious with that one...
Post a Comment