
Ingredients:
Base
Dates about 250g
Coconut cream, one 200g block
Topping
Coconut cream, little sq. inch
coconut oil (organic cold pressed sort)
Cocoa or carob powder
tiny dash of maple syrup or runny honey or brwn rice syrup etc
couple of table spoons of desicated coconut
Melt the coconut cream on lowest heat, stiring all the while as it very easily burns. Put dates and then melted coconut cream into blender and blitz until well combined and mushy (remember to stone the dates). Turn into little inch high baking tray and pat down flat with spoon or hands. For the topping, melt the coconut cream and coconut oil together in a small pan, stiring all the while again. When melted turn off heat and add cocoa powder, desicated coconut, dash of syrup and what ever else you fancy (I also used flaked almonds). Pour and spoon over the base and refrigerate. We lasted half and hour before tasting and the topping had only just set, but overnight is great, today they are lovely and thick and chewy. Big hit in this house!
See that plate? I made that too :)
4 comments:
Yum - I think I'll be trying that recipe soon!
oh, we are going to be trying this one VERY soon... The plate is beautiful too. I wish I could see the whole thing! Is that from your pottery class?
Yes! We took this family pottery class for six weeks at the local art centre. Our first session was plate making! It led up to christmas and we made thes tiny lovely ceramic treee decorations - they were light when fired but unbelivably heavy when not and I doubted that a tree would hold them up :lol The boys made plates with stuff on them, so are more decorative than useable. Isaac's have ceramic food on and Felix's lots of worms and insects.
I remembered you mentioning the ornaments back around Christmas time. That sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment