Friday, April 11, 2008

Tiny Happy baby shoes


Just bought these on Etsy. So cute! Check out the link in my side bar for this WAHM's blog and shop.

Reversible too (click the pics for close ups - go on! It's worth it!):



And here (all at once!) are the knitted garments I made for little Esmé while she was womb side.

The hats, bar one, were all too small straight off (so as soon as any mama I know has a babe under 8lbs 5oz one will be in the post). Actually the muti-coloured stripe one fits great plus the opposite purple striped one. The purple and while bonnet with ties has had some wear but the others? None.



The sweater which has been the biggest hit for comfort and ease of use has been the Debbie Bliss 'boat neck sweater' (gooseberry coloured, ribbed) can be knitted up in a flash and when I think of the other more fiddly garments I made (like the cross over wrap which is frankly very pretty but fiddly when you want to dress a wee one quick to avoid squirms and upset) I wish I had made about six of these in all sizes and colours instead. Ahhh, the retrospective beauty and madness.





The little pea green cardigan (another Debbie Bliss pattern, this one form the Essential Baby book) with the wood buttons up the front is lovely and despite being 3-6 months, fits her snugly now at 8 weeks. I have a multi coloured one of those I started in the last week of pregnancy and which I regret is still on the needles and undoubtedly will remain unfinished until....? Until there is another baby to knit for as it will almost certainly never be finished in time for Esmé to wear. Perhaps I could stuff her into it and fasten tight the buttons? A tiny cream cotton one of these I knit in newborn size also was never worn as she was just too big. Another gift :) Lucky me, mama's with babes are going to be well supplied in knitted items and I can relax knowing I have a stash all ready.





The two pairs of booties from Natural Knits for babies and Mums were so easy to knit (on two needles) and still just about fit, they had a a lot of wear in the very early days. The little ribbed hat from this book though was just not so good and tended to roll up and pop off as soon as it was on. A preemie sized hat?

The heart dungarees are being worn now as are the striped longies. That purple cardigan is for 6 months plus so she'll likely be in it next week :)



Like a friend said to me about my teeny tiny purple wool nappy wrap when I moaned about it coming out too small - it was actually the only one I used for the first month, just like she said it would be! Perfect!



The wrap top, tank top, socks and other bits that have seen some action.



Another wrap, used twice!


The striped hat in use on three hour old babe:



My very favourite wool item - not knitted by my fair hands - the Disana blanket, so so soft and getting softer with more use. It's pretty much felted now and lost the diamond pattern, but used nearly every night as an extra layer over the both of us tucked up in bed.



I will take more pictures of the knitted gear in use - those are the best pics, I just need free hands for the camera....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I'm getting baby lust looking at these photos of cute knitted baby stuff, not to mention the cute baby.

I'm so glad to see you blogging again!

Claire said...

hey woman! good to see you :) can you put a link here for your blog so I can put it in my sidebar?

melissa said...

thank you for the sweet mention!
oh, my goodness. the lovely knitted pieces- in combination with your exquisite baby are taking me back to blissful baby-times... <3