Friday, December 12, 2008

Quick Gifts



Bath Melts

Cocoa butter melted and poured into silicone ice cube trays already half filled with lavender flowers. Drip a drop or two of essential oil into each heart.



Play dough coloured with beetroot juice as mentioned on my blog alread;, friends have liked this so we made a few batches to give away.



And my favourite! Fudge! I seem to eat half of every batch I make and so need to make more. I made some with Green & Blacks Maya chocolate yesterday and it was all eaten rather than packaged - Is this family-fudge Felix asked? Ummmmm yes, my mouth was too full too answer but the teeny lone square left over would make a pretty paltry gift. Guess I just better make more....

My next post will be my not so quick gifts which are shaping up and I am so excited to be making them, lack of time as always but that's half the fun this time of year - in any case I am glad my 'rushing' is at home with my sewing machine and not in some high street in Town :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts for some lucky people - isn't this how Christmas should be?

I've had these ideas floating around for a while, but never seem to be able to get it together. Your gifts look so tempting I think I'm off to find ingredients for some messing about tomorrow. Emma :-)

Julie said...

Love those bath melts and the chocolate fudge sounds yummy!!! If my to do list was not already FULL I would definitely put them on there... Did I tell you already that I am making a Waldorf/Steiner doll for Talia (inspired by you of course)???? So far I have made the head, quite a lot more to do obviously, but at least I have started.... Looking forward to reading about what else you have been making.. X

Claire said...

You know, that comment at the end of your post has really struck a chord. I would MUCH prefer to rushing on the sewing machine, than around the shops. You have spurred me on to not neglect my ideas simply because I feel I don't have the time. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love that you're making your gifts. The playdough is great.

Been trying to make toffee tis week, argh! lol

nocton4 said...

have made so very many of these bath melts .. thanks so much for the inspiration
xx

Naomi said...

Just passing by - came here via a link from another blog and wondered if you'd give me your recipe for chocolate fudge, I'd love to make some for my partner and Mum for Christmas! :) Thanks in advance. xxx

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and wow, such wonderful ideas!

We get that question around here too.

"Are these for us?"

sue said...

Oh what gorgeous gifts. Wonderful blog and beautiful family :)

xxx

nocton4 said...

Merry Christmas to you all xxx

Anonymous said...

oh yummm.... to both melts and fudge...yumyumyum.....

Susan Jane Murray said...

What an inspiration you are. It's a treat to read your posts.

Wishing 2009 as your most exciting yet.

SJ