Monday, February 27, 2012

sunny sunday





Every minute not spent outside feels like a wasted one right now. My whole day at work on Saturday when it was gloriously sunny felt that way. I came home and moped to the man for a minute before reality kicked in and I remembered that it's only one day a week, and I do actually like it. Plus I came home and it was still pretty much light. Compare this to The Man who has five days of 12 hr treks back and forth to work in the dim dark light. Still, I maintain that when it starts feeling like spring has arrived I itch to be out and indoors take a distant back seat.



I sat with a cup of tea and basked in the sunlight. Esmé ran back and forth ferrying handfuls of heather flowers (the heather is out and it's gorgeous) to make perfume with. She spotted bees! And ran excited to show me, and it was true! Bees buzzing drowzy and busy among the heather in the sun, in February! Lovely.







She dressed herself for spring success without tights or leggings or jumper (but of course with dagger since you never know quite when one might be needed). After securing a big pile for potion making, we went to sow seeds.



She loves the seed dibber and the watering can as much as I do and together we checked our rows of newly planted shallots, transplanted some garlic, then sowed three trays of peas, one of sweet peas, two of tagetes, several pots each of chives and dill, and some radishes. Everything else needs to wait a bit. We have been saving the inners of toilet rolls for our bean planting so she is looking forward to that.





It was so sunny up on our hill after our walk that we lay on the soft sweet grass and just basked. Even the dog lay down with us. It was amazing up there. Sun filled Sunday.

















And also another little bit of sunshine entering our lives: the much hoped for and wanted number four :) Finally just in the second leg of this new journey, I dare to hope it's all good to share.

21 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Lovely Claire, So Glad! I hoped your 'under the weather' just meant the tiredness, didn't want to mention it here and was going to email and see how you were. So pleased for you! It appears spring has sprung everywhere but Cumbria, flowers are popping up but it is still decidedly grey, sadly! much love Ax p.s yes plan to start blogging once finally out of the stress of the last few months, I have a name at least!

Anna said...

p.p.s where are Esmé's shoes from? Trying to find nice lace up boots for Leon but everywhere seems to think velcro is the only way!

Pippa said...

Oh, this is wonderful!! Very, very happy for you Claire. You are such a lovely, natural mum, it comes across in your blog so strongly. And beautiful photos too. I'm imagining you laying down in that sunshine with your little girl and feeling so happy to be pregnant. You deserve this and I'm so pleased for you!! What a lucky baby. Sending lots of love xxxxxxxxx

Sian said...

soooooo happy for you : ) spring is most definitely in the air! xx

Dotty Delightful said...

Fantastic news Claire congrats to you both, lots of live being sent your way from rainy Blackpool x

Lizzie said...

Congrats!!!! I read this on the GP forum. V. exciting. Look forward to baby posts! Gorgeous views. Makes my heart rate slow down just looking at the photos. What potions are you making with heather?

Claire said...

Thanks :)
Feeling lucky about carrying this preciosu one :)

Anna the shoes are some hand me downs from cousins and are Kickers boots. They are very sturdy and Esmé likes them a alot. These were from her boy cousin of the same age, she also was given another pair, outgrown by her big girl cousin and they are shiny ovc looking pink! Needless to say she is wanting very much for her feet to grow.

Lizzie - the heather is just for the girl, she is making 'perfume' I think :) I have no idea what else a person can actually do with heather!

xx

Unknown said...

such beautiful photographs :)
congratulations on your good news!

devonmama said...

Congratulations! Lovely news, so pleased for you all. Love the photo of your Esme basking in the sun.
What lovely views you have Claire; dogs are wonderful in that they give you such a good reason to get out walking and exploring, not that you need a reason, that a kick up the proverbial (in my case) xx

Laura said...

Congratulations to you all! Wonderful news. :) x

Kat said...

Oh Claire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe you are going to have another! I want to hug you!!! I am so pleased for you and D!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tad said...

Bless you kid! I've been reading your blog on and off for a while because it's great and we home ed etc on the Powys / Shropshire border. Got a 4 year old girl and 10 month old boy and your news makes me smile remembering how special these times feel x

verdemama said...

Congrats! how exciting, and I think your sunny photos are just stunning.

Lori ann said...

oh my goodness, your photos made me gasp and then your news. many many blessings. xxx lori

The Yarn Owl said...

Wowee!!! Congratulations! I'm so so pleased for you xxx

melody said...

The 7th picture up from the bottom made me gasp with it's loveliness. Though they are all lovely of course, but that one just caught me somehow. And you already know how completely thrilled and excited I am for and number 4!

Any baby gift knitting requests??

melody said...

that was supposed to say "for you and number 4"! I can't type.

Kenza said...

Hello hello Claire! It´s been a while!
Beautiful voyage through your photos and words.Thank you!

Uma said...

Oh wonderful congratulations to you! Thats fantastic news. Many blessings for you and your lovely family.

Uma x xx

Earthenwitch said...

Congratulations on your news - so pleased to read this. :o)

Lucy said...

Wow, havent read for ages and so had missed your exciting news!!! OMG........how lovely :-D so happy for you, oooh I would love a baby and my hormones are in overdrive but no more for us. plus my big children drive me slightly crazy now, its only a baby i want!!

Congrats xxx