First off, on this wet wet day I made Wild Garlic Pesto (vegan version since I am trying to curb my cheese cravings). You would never know this has no cheese, said from someone who ate a large slice of raw Brie for breakfast yesterday.
Wild Garlic Pesto (vegan)
50g nuts and/or seeds; I used a handful of cashews, same of walnuts and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds that I had dehydrated with tamari
50g of wild garlic (this is approximate, I would say two big handfuls of picked leaves)
olive oil, to drizzle, couple of glugs
sea/pink salt, couple of large pinches
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp of white wine vinegar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ So, pound the nuts in a pestle and mortar or food processor,remove and keep separate for a minute.
~ Chop the leaves and then pound or process them too
~ Add the oil, salt, vinegar and mustard
~ Add the nuts back in and give a final blitz.
Done!
Beyond Puerperium

side-buttoning sweater. I think this is a 6 month size. I forget, really. It has turned out very cute looking and the Cascade 220 yarn is soft soft. I did plan on the long sleeved version, but well, I am thinking this will most certainly do.
I have loved knitting up a storm these past months but this sweater really blew me away with being tired out from knitting. It rarely happens, but did with this. Which feels like it may be a fault of my own since it gets such rave reviews elsewhere. Will add to my ravelry (I am mamauk there) when I have finished here for additional notes.
Not sure what is hitting the needles next. Perhaps I will find inspiration this weekend at the
But its done! And now I can celebrate it's finishedness by storing that pattern right away and just feel so very glad :)
A quick linky. This is called
and honestly I just *cannot* get over how beautiful this is. I want to be both this baby and have the skill of this bather. Just magic. Be entranced (and as someone else said, possibly broody afterwards!)
4 comments:
that baby top is beautiful. I've printed out the free version of the pattern, but got a bit scared at the idea of using circular needles (I can knit socks on double-pointed needles but have never got the hang of circular needles!). Any tips?
Well in this pattern you use the circulars *exactly as you would two regular needles, so you would knit to the end of the needle and then turn and knit back.. You don't need to join anything up in the round like a sock would call for. In fact you *could* knit this pattern on straight needles. It is just easier and bendier on the circulars - and more transportable etc.
ah! Thanks. I had this vision of trying to knit a giant tube on circular needles and could work out how that related to the finished product. I'll take another look at the pattern.
Hmm wild garlic...we had that the other night but didn't add mustard..nice touch will try next time. We're planning a multi wild green pesto next time..everything edible in the wood plus olive oil and cashews basically.
Love the baby top too obv.
Post a Comment