
Here it is, where we are headed:
''Geographically, Aberystwyth is somewhat isolated from the rest of Britain by the Cambrian mountains which sweep down the backbone of Wales. In the past this isolation pushed the peoples of Cardigan Bay to make do with the resources available locally, rather than transport materials or services over the mountains. Even now in the rest of Wales, the term Cardi referrers the 'thrift' of the people in this area. An advantage of this isolation is th
at over the years Aberystwyth has acquired many more resources than a town of this size would normally have. It has become the centre for a wide rural area between the Cambrian Mountains and the sea.''I like the sound of a thrifty town.
"The ancient landscape of Britain is a subject of fascination to many people. They love to visit stone circles and rows, passage mounds and dolmens and individual standing stones whose purpose now seems mysterious and inexplicable."
So, after reading Mists of Avalon, I am wondering if little fairy folk still hide out in the hills...? Are there any ancient oak groves left? Do members of the Welsh population regularly transcend normal life and venture forth to run with King stag (bodies smeared with woad and spotted deerskin rags covering their flanks).... Are there beltane fires and children of mysterious origin I wonder (or might children of questionable parentage be due to drunken fumbles in pub car parks as elsewhere in the country :)) ? I have to admit to (hypothetically) not being opposed to the beltane rites...*blush and smirk* I am known (in self only) to be free and easy but wonder what Don has to say on the subject....
No comments:
Post a Comment