She is physically the female, feminine form. She is the land. Her body the earth, fertile and giving, warm and lush. Cold with harsh stinging breathe, taking back into Herself and giving death to what She gave life. Cold as stone. The water, the rivers, the sea her veins of life. Curving hills I see swell. tears of rain. Secret nooks and valley's spread like Her legs. Curving labyrinths of wonder and mystery in every part of what lives and dies. The darkest shadows and brightest fire, warmth, breast milky-way night sky.
The physical then. The form my own body takes with all of it's blemishes and dimples and (unwanted! Why?) extra curves. The form of my son's lithe, lean, silky soft limbs. The hair on His chest. The green stem pushing upwards, the brown leaf crumbling downwards.
But also this- not destiny. Not fate. But intuition. The knowing bit that chooses, whether we listen or not. Out truest voice that tells us no. Or yes. Or my heart is wavering and I am not sure, I need to wait. This too is a choice and a good one. When I say to myself 'as the Goddess wills it' (which I rarely do but I sometimes feel it). I don't mean Inshallah (God Willing) what I mean is - what my heart decides, what I feel to be right. I see this all as the Divine Feminine. Nothing to do with bra burning. But a holding up of the earth, of life and of death and of free choice. Respecting the choices women make, unselfishly. Guidedly. With true feeling, heartfelt. Whether or not I understand or agree, with this I can respect and see the Divine Feminine. The Goddess. I see it in tiny girls and old crumpled women. I see it in strapping, oiled youthful males and sad middling men. I see the lines the age, the flesh, the choices. Truth being made. When we choose from the heart (not from desperation, or sadness) but from considered thought. Or from what comes through a flash of knowledge. This very deciding process and knowing seems to me to come from the depths of our being and that which makes life truly living. Land, earth, all One. Feminine. Life giving/taking. Her form in our actions, deeds, bodies. Inner. Outer. Shot through with ribbons. A maypole. Cascading through everything.
When I turn clay into a female shape, I am not excluding male. Male always comes from within that which is feminine. He always sits in the lap of the Goddess. When I look at the clay figure I am not praying to the obscure 'God' of the sky. I am thinking passionately about the women I know. Or a particular woman. A woman (or wo-man (does this mean man who came from womb?)) who needs good thoughts. This 'pray' is never wasted. It doubles and gathers speed and seeps into the pores of the earth and air. I don't know if I believe in such things as an 'aura' but some people do exude sadness or joy, or despair. It leaves their skin and heart and you feel it and smile (or turn away). Maybe this is an aura. If the way we think and feel can be seen like this then it can be changed by the kindness of someone external. Some one who can make us feel happy. Unknowingly through our thoughts I belive so too.
The Divine feminine. The land. Intuition. Truth. These are all the 'Goddess'. What is this Goddess stuff? Someone asked me. It is just another word for life. Living truthfully, honestly and with respect. Bodily, physicallly with eyes and heart open. This is what I would have said had I been given the chance to think about it. And more.
No comments:
Post a Comment