Monday, March 20, 2006

Labour of love


Finished Isaac's boy doll. It has moveable limbs. I only did it this way instead of the whole body cut from one piece of cloth as my book said a limbed doll was easier for little ones to dress. Sewing the flats soles of the feet was the tricky bit for me as hand sewing I suck at. I made little green felt boots by hand though and they turned out to be really satisfying to make. It is so easy to sew felt. Must get more for Isaac to sew - he is really quite good with a needle and thread and some of that squared hole fabric; he can cross stitch neatly.... Also made a sleeping bag (old wool jumper), a wool hat and a red t-shirt (wearing it). Still to make PJ's, pants and a backpack - 'tis an 'explorer' doll after all :) I bought this hank of blonde mohair too, thinking one boy at least would want a light haired doll, but no, so looks like I need to make another for my little niece too- ahhh, I just like making them actually....

No comments: