Monday, April 23, 2007

Beltane, blossom party



As the weather turns cloudy and reminiscent of the winter just passed, we all have illness and tempers to match. Trying to soothe us back into Spring we plan a Beltane/May Day party and in doing so we happen to create a butterfly wall (in one of those round-about spontaneous crafty ways). We have had one of these at Spring time for the past couple of years and seeing the first dancing wings of colour always remind's us of doing another.




Last night bored by my knitting (gasp!) I remembered some mehndi I bought a while back and decided to have a quick go. Brushed the dry crumbs off, went to bed and this morning it's a lovely burnt amber colour. I think I will bring this out at the party and pamper my women friend's feet and hands.






So far our combined ideas are - wearing something white (just like the Blossom) making flower garlands - either with willow or wire and threaded with garden flowers amd cherry blossom. Skipping with a very long rope. Having a fire. White food. In particulare fairy cakes. Lots of them :) My mental contribution whilst thinking food and drink: honey mead - yum!





Hoping for the sun to make it's return in time for outdoor celebrating.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Yay, yay, you're back!!!! I haven't even read your post yet, I'm just excited to see you posting again. I was even going to send you a little pm requesting a new post! lol I see you've changed your template too. I just recently did the same thing. Just needed something lighter for spring, yk? Alright, I'm going to go actually read your post now!

emma said...

woohoo!!! She's back.

And I'm going to try that butterfly thing, in my new craft-y persona :-)