Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking, in the round


When you are colour blind these sort of puzzles have an extra dimension of trickery. But are still much played with. Isaac asked if I could help him sort the colourd blocks into piles because his eyes could not see some colours and when I said... hmmm I wish I could swap eyes with you to see what you see. He replied; Well... you can't! You need to wait until you get another pair of eyes in your next life! These are my own special eyes! I agreed. His eyes are indeed special in the way they see the world.



While he built the leaning tower of Piza I carried on with my knitting: in case you were wondering it's cashmere wool and it is going to turn (magically) into a little baby bonnet. Not sure which baby's head it will adorn as have a fair few friends and family members with swelling bellies.



We dug a bag of clay from the side of a stream on my friend's land. Isaac shaped a chunk into a little Insect House complete with holes poked with a stick. Already we have seen stirrings of life and families of tiny things moving in :)



I shaped mine into something else. Can you see what I made?



Yeah. There it is in the middle: A tiny pregnant Goddess figure appeared in my hands as I thought about a friend without the support of her own embracing mother. It's there so when I catch a glimpse my thoughts can be guided to her.


And.

Unbelievably.

Walking on the beach later, I found this pebble.

It looked to me, exactly the shape of my previous clay-thoughts.


No comments: