Saturday, April 28, 2007

Indulgence


Forgive my indulgence in photographing this itty bitty baby bonnet so many times and showing the resulting pictures here.




I loved knitting this, even though it was with skinny 2.75mm needles.



I think it would fit a 2-4 month old.
Errr, I just don't have anyone to give it too.
That's a bit embarassing, usually people start off knitting something for someone. Rather than trying out patterns that look cute. Ahh well. It's been done many many times by me before and these little scraps of knitting always find a happy home eventually.
The nice thing is though that the cords were made by Isaac and Don. I was sent a free Inox I-cord machine by a dozy online knitting store (I asked for a ball of apple green yarn and they sent me the yarn plus the I-cord contraption). This was about a year ago. I tried the thing once and ended up with such a crazy tangle of wool that I tossed it in deep disgrace (ridiculous thing!) in to a forgotten cupboard. Don and Isaac figured it out for me this morning and they spent an hour or more making various lenghts just for fun. I managed to wrangle a couple of little ones for my bonnet. So this hat is a joint project :) How many hands and love and joy went into one little bit of knitting then? Answer: a lot. That's why the amount of photographs make up for it being just a tiny wee thing.
Yep. That there is a juicy little melon.


No comments: