Monday, May 17, 2010

the green of life, it's lessons ever flowing



He's such an artist. He sees form and shape and ideas in even a rock from the stream.



She likes to be outside, ALL of the time :)









But then so do I so it's ok.



Sometimes late in the day I am surprised to find a warm egg still in my pocket from when I plucked it from the nest that morning.



We have a white broody hen and under her I found eight eggs, so right now my dh is constructing a little broody pen for her, just for her, to lay us some chicks. It's very exciting, lets hope the cock's been doing his grand work.

I am still making nettle soup (nettle and sweet potato is our fave) and luckily they like it





I love our little patch of wildness so much. So much because it's only us who visit it. Every time I see it I feel the wonder of it.













And so we get to see the changes without someone else making them. It's a tunnel of green and wild garlic and damp cool water. I could lie there all day, but must contend with my shoes off and sitting on the earth.







I touch the trunks of trees and feel their calm deepness of being radiating out. They just *are*. They are peace and patience and life.





Some are mottled or diseased and still they grow, accommodating, not resisting, but managing life and living all the same.



Everywhere you care to look you can find every life lesson you ever need to learn, right there in the garden or lane or field or woods.

Our evening walks are also full to the brim with time for the senses.









I love watching them walk, so confident, taking the short cut home.



10 comments:

emma said...

ha ha! The purple dress of joy! Am anxious the things I am planning to pass on may be too small already... ah well, we'll see!

Pippa said...

That's such a lovely blog post and gorgeous photos as always. It's true that there are life lessons all around when you out outside in a garden or wild place. Half an hour of gardening or walking in a field makes me feel like I've been on a long journey, it never stays the same and always clears my head of silly, fuzzy little problems. The part of the world where you live is truly beautiful and isn't it great that your children love it as much as you do. xx

Earthenwitch said...

Gorgeous pictures, and yes - I don't know the back story, but that purple dress is indeed one of joy! :)

I covet your wildness patch. Oh yes.

Roof said...

What beautiful pictures - they capture the time of year and you own private wilderness just perfectly. xx

arwen_tiw said...

That beautiful little girl surrounded by a sea of white stars... Ah such a joy to share, mama. xx

Heather said...

Wow! Felix is looking so much older - and like his Papa :) It's been so lovely to watch you lovely littles grow all these years :)

Claire said...

Stunning photos, and what a lovely wilderness you have. I love all that wild garlic, just wish some was near us!

twosmallaubergines said...

What a beautiful environment your children are growing up in. The purple dress looks great too!
'The green of life, its lessons ever flowing' - is it a quotation?It reminds me of a hymn we sang at school (Come Down O Love Divine) which had a line in it that went 'And visit it with thine own ardour glowing'

Cheryl said...

I've just found your blog and have really enjoyed your photos. You live in a lovely place, but you don't need me to tell you that! Still getting my ingredients ready to make nettle soup. Yours is a beautiful green.

anissa ljanta said...

wonderful post, your photos capture the magic perfectly...