Tuesday, March 22, 2011

been



been doing ~ clay-play, garden dreaming, stream watching, feeding, working, partying, seed sowing, food loving, knitting, nursing, walking, line drying, lamb-watching...













been reading ~ holes; louis sachar, clan of the cave bear, jean auel, and others.... ( can't ever just stick to one book). Isaac is reading private peaceful; michael morpurgo and a harry potter (whilst making himself rice pudding for breakfast).





been knitting ~ 'nother pair of kanoko pants



been eating ~ fridge fudge (tahini, coconut oil, cocoa, pink salt and maple syrup. OMG.) No photos, I ate it too quick.



been loving ~ the stream, the girl in it, the ducks nesting near our door, a busy kingfisher and hauling bucket loads to water tender seedlings.









been wanting to ~ buy these for my dd, super comfy and cute shoes, had a couple of pairs already in years past and I thought this company had closed up shop, glad to see otherwise - they beat Clarks any day of the week :)

been oogling ~ this blog, eye candy of a Mexican arty variety, Super Mama, super delicious.

been listening to ~ the fisherman and beyond this moment

been enjoying ~ the view, from daybreak to sunset.



10 comments:

TheLegoBuilder said...

Hello,
I have just come accross your blog while looking up other people making kanoko pants (I'm finding the legs tricky...) I was wondering where you got the rainbow yarn, it's really lovely and now obviously I need some too!
catherine

Claire said...

It's Colinette Art, Mardi Gras colourway :) It's the same yarn I used for my other pair! Which part are you finding tricky?

JK said...

Ben had some Gucio shoes when he was around one. I think the option to buy direct from the manufacturer must be new because when I wanted some more I couldn't find a stockist. They felt lovely and soft and flexible; definitely a good buy.

Anna said...

I'm reading Clan of the Cave Bear at the minute too! (and another Helen Dunmore, and Atomised by Michel Houellebecq, many books here too!) The fudge sounds lovely, I had a bit of an obsession with Susan Jane Murray's frozen Tiffin (found via you I think!) for a while but didn't think to use maple syrup when we stopped eating agave! May have to try again, DH thinks it's revolting so it's mine, all mine! Yum! X

arwen_tiw said...

Lovely updates - another quick moment of shock at your grown up little daughter! I love the rainbow yarn too, *heart* Colinette is fab. And the shoes! I also thought they had vanished. Now I think my children *need* new shoes right away (well, Morgan will *actually* need them very soon lol). Thankyou!

Dotty Delightful said...

love this post, simple yet lovely, I am adoring your wool, oh my I want some x

Cyfaill said...

My eyes ache for that view.

TheLegoBuilder said...

I've never used dpn's before and the wool was getting all tight and I managed to create a hole at the start of the leg. The lovely lady at the wool shop sorted it all out in a perfect granny-ish way. I'm still very slow with them though and keep dropping the marker to show the end of the round. Half a leg to go! Now to look for the rainbow wool...

Paula said...

Thanks for a great readd

Paula said...

Helloo mate nice post