Friday, August 26, 2011

fields



S-L-O-W. That has been my mode these last couple of weeks. Oh and I just have had no time (read inclination) for the computer. Shrug and shrug. Usually I can have little addictive spurts but lately with a the hint of Autumn on the 6am dog walking breeze I just feel like knitting.



And cleaning my house and baking and chilling out. Being ill (a cold that lasts nearly a month? What is that all about?) has pounded it all home to me that sometimes life without the computer is a hell of a lot more relaxing than sitting here with people asking me questions and talking to me and me not even listening, but nodding and ignoring. Bleh. Boring. It's a lot like knitting. I have had not time for it over the summer, the thought made me turn away. Now I am a couple of items knit a week (a week!) I will post pics soon.



Lots of walking. Dog and children. Unlike everywhere else we have had no rain at all this last month. Heat and dryness. And the farmers in every direction making hay, straw bales and bringing in the wheat. These are my favourite field times. With the bales. So good. It feels like the end of summer when I see the bales. Last night I lit a fire in the sitting room to chase away the damp. It was good.



Then it finally rained. When it rains here we have to watch Ponyo. Ponyo is a rainy day film (all of that, um, rain). Knitting, fire, rain and food. We have had visitors, we have visited and we have swam in the river and camped and met with friends and done birthdays and the jazz that kids love.




But mainly for me, I just like being in my home. Or walking through the fields, children and dog.




7 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Beautiful. :) The bales, and the daughter, and the dog, and the sentiment. Looking forwards to seeing the knitting! I am feeling Autumny and knitterly too (but far more computer addicted right now lol).

charlotte said...

those summer days look so sweet, nothing beats being at home with your family. I'm sure summer days feel sweeter knowing autumn is just round the corner, plans for making and doing seems soooo lovely! Hope your feeling a bit better. x x x

Earthenwitch said...

Feeling the same autumnal impulse to knit, and to bake pies. Lots of 'em. Bit interesting with newborn and toddler help, but still all good. :)

That is a very nice sweater that the Beauty is sporting, by the way - where'd it come from?

Hope the cold is finally vanquished. We've just had our first as a family of four - seems mean when the newest addition is only sixteen days...

Claire said...

The green sweater is an old cast off from Felix - Tatty Bumpkin. I love their sweaters, very generous sizing and last for ages.

Claire

Lucy said...

Hi Claire, beautiful pics again as always :) I love that slight autumnal chill which is now in the air. We are coming over your way the week after next, we have a week in booked in a tipi. let me know if you fancy meeting up :)

Lucy x

Claire said...

Lucy! Please email me with details: clairedotashbourneatgooglemail.com xxx

smilymel said...

Oh I love your pics and the sentiment. Just being is the way to be at this time of year (all times of year actually!), being and enjoying the moment and really feeling the seasons turning. Up here in Scotland we are definitely feeling the autumn. The heating has even kicked in to tell me the temperature is falling and I'm even looking at the garden with autumn jobs in mind (in August!)