Wednesday, December 07, 2011

she sews



Not I. Noooo, that would be nice, but my machine has broken and the cost to fix it is pretty much the same as was bought new. So I have no machine. But my MIL has promised me her mother's old Singer (yes, it probably is that ancient), so perhaps I can zip up a Christmas skirt or two for The Beauty after-all. I already purchased material from here. And ribbon for the trim from here. So um, I am ready to go. Except for the machine.





The Beauty's sewing requires nothing but card and wool and a needle. The boys and I have made these present labels before, but this is the first time she has. She insisted on writing the labels too.





I made a chocolate tart as insisted on by Felix. The base is a soaked nut and date, cocoa crust. The topping is made from avocados, cocoa, virgin coconut oil and coconut nectar. We ate it for breakfast. As insisted on too.



I brought in a branch from a pine tree in the garden for us to decorate in the hall with the tiny nativity scene (I knew those hundreds of conkers we collected would come in handy). The Man made the shed/stable from wood scraps for us and the animals get rotated and dismissed hourly.



Currently there is a crocodile a wolf and a lawyer figure in there. Remember when Felix made this lawyer? Well it's having a new lease of life, as a lawyer-wise man. An oxymoron I am sure. No crib or baby, but that's beside the point. They'll get there, eventually.



I keep finding little strings of fairy lights and hurling them up, any old place. At 7am in the winter darkness Felix, Isaac The Beauty and I admire them, while licking chocolate tart from our breakfast spoons.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

That is such a cute little shed. I might steal the gift tag idea. My ds, 4.5yrs sewed some felt as a present and he was very proud. He'll like this too! Lovely post, especially reading from London

Elisabeth said...

That is such a cute little shed. I might steal the gift tag idea. My ds, 4.5yrs sewed some felt as a present and he was very proud. He'll like this too! Lovely post, especially reading from London

Heather Mattern said...

Such a sweet little girl. Great idea to sew tags!!