I decided to chop all of my hair off in a ponytail and send it to
this charity in order for it to be made into a wig for a little girl who has lost her hair to cancer treatment. I hope I sent enough hair! I think they lopped off about 9-10 inches (they require a minimum of 7 inches for a wig so fingers crossed). My head feels so strange! But good. Thank you Felix for your photography skills, standing in the street (about a foot and a half shorter than me), with my wet hair and a gust of wind wasn't the easiest of ways to take a photo. Ahhhhhhhh! So exhilarating! If you have long hair - do it! It makes you feel great!
15 comments:
What a lovely thing to do, and you look beautiful.
Well done you! It looks fabulous, you are just beautiful. I can imagine how light you feel!
Wow, what a lovely thing to do and very brave of you to do it.
I love when people do that! For me, "long hair" is shorter than what you have, I have never been able to grow it out much further than my chin before I get sick of it, so I have never been able to grow for a cancer program like that, although I want to! Great job :)
you look so freah, before and after, love the cut too x
Well done you! Thats really made me smile reading that. I don't think they'd want dreaded locks - they are waist length but not wig material I don't think. Much love x
What a wonderful thing to do and wow...you look truly beautiful :)
What a wonderful thing to do and wow...you look truly beautiful :)
Oh wow, you are beautiful!! When I first read about you cutting your hair off (before the photo had loaded), I thought "Eeek!", but it suits you so much. You're a beautiful lady and what a lovely thing to do with your hair. I am in a right old hair rut. I've tried different styles over the years, but I'm too lazy to maintain any of them and it just goes back to being scraped into a ponytail which is where I'm at now. DH says he loves my hair long when it's loose, but I never let it loose as there is far too much of it and it blows all over my face, so he only gets to see it five minutes before I turn the light out! You've given me some food for thought!! Enjoy your new style, it must feel lovely and light and no more sitting for hours with the hair dryer. xxxxxx
You look adorable! But I always regret it when I cut my long hair. Short hair isn't a bit flattering on me.
beautiful and what a lovely thing to do for someone else.
x
Wow, how brave, and it looks so lovely!!!
Oh wow, Claire! It looks beautiful, you are just beautiful! My hair never ever gets to your short length without me attacking it with scissors (in fact, never gets past my ears!) but I can imagine how light you feel. What a generous thing to do! love Anna x
What a fabulous reason for a re-style, it suits you.
Val
you are gorgeous. truly. inside and out. i said goodbye to my hair 2 years ago too (it's already growing back) it's easy to cut when you know where it's going.
xx
Post a Comment