I am knitting socks! I finally decided I should just try. Using the four needles at once is so less tricky than I imagined. I am excited; what a geek I am! I have this multi coloured German sock wool which looks so nice knitted up. I'll post pics when I have one made. Don was baffled when I showed him how it worked. But he wants me to knit him a hat (Mianh I am going to use that lushous sheeny black wool you sent me - it looks like heaven to knit with) - which is a breakthrough as he is weary of my knits. However he recently buzzed his own hair off short. A little bit too short as it happens! So he needs one now :)
Edited to add pic:

Also, these are the first aluminium needles I have used, I am a bamboo freak. So I am comparing and of course it's probably no suprise to hear that I think the bamboo are tops. They are just so smooth and warm to hold. The metal ones are kinda squeaky and the wool does not slide so easily. So onto my shopping list are bamboo double pointed needles (3.5mm) :)
5 comments:
Socks...Hmmm...Claire, don't you have enough socks??!! I recently counted the socks in claire's 'odd sock basket', 105 odd socks and at least 100 pairs plus the socks the family wear!! I couldn't believe my eyes! How could a family of four possibly,have over 200 pairs of socks?! It makes me giggle now just thinking of them all...if anyone out there has a shortage of socks just ask claire, i'm sure she could find you a pair that kind of matches! Also, claire, please when you have mastered the making of socks can you teach me? I would love to knit socks.
Love Helen xoxox
Oh Helen! Don reminded me that we have another odd sock wasket filled w. socks! It is in his cupboard! I looked and there are at least another 50-100 socks! Now, I am sure I won that bet of ours :)
I am sure we actually have way more than 200 pairs too.... I mean you didn't count the ones already in our draws.... or the dirty ones waiting ot be washed! It is ridiculous a situation to be in I know, with so many odd socks, yet I can't throw them out for fear they will one day turn up....
These ones I knit will surely not be for any of us four - they will be a gift for someone! I don't like knitting for myself, it seems like far too indulgent a thing to do. I enjoy knitting so much, I have to give the thing away, yk, otherwise it would be too much for me.
What the hell is a 'wasket' anyway?? !!!!! (Meant to be a jumble of 'waste paper basket')
btw, just want to say, helen was not *that* dulled at my house that she was forced to count socks (at least I hope not!). She just did not beleive I had so many - plus there was a bet of a bar of Green and Blacks chocolate to be won :)
I was definatley not bored at your house claire ( not with isaac and fe there playing my 'favourite' game "Doctor Isaac" with me!! :-) ) i always have lots of fun. Counting socks is so much fun when there is a bar of Green & Black's to be won!! But i still won even though you have that other basket because that was not mentioned or even know to you at the time! Ha ha! Competetive sister's? Never! x
Keep up the good work http://www.subaru-outback-slush-mats.info Online fresh roses affiliate program Cialis dvds Maintenance issues with 2001 lexus gs 300 Tiny tits xxx mag opt in email marketing Ultracet message board affiliate programs motorized wheelchairs http://www.natural-breast-enhancement-0.info Lowest interest credit card rainbow vacuum cleaner Magnetic business card holder sampras tennis auto insurance Ambien+ambien Dodge minivan floor Prices+of+video+conferencing+equipment Rawlings heritage baseball glove trademark attorney
Post a Comment