Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rainy-day



Is this going to be a repeat of last summer in which we all thought it was Ark building time? Hmmm. So sitting room time where I chill out in my favourite chair, one breast exposed for suckling girl and my hand dangling over to dip in and out of my reading basket has become the norm this week where we can keep track of weather changes.

This basket is my special treat. I bought it in town pretending to myself I really would use it for picnics but already with that whisper of truth poking around the edge of the virtuous and wholesome thought - that actually it will end up being used in the manner of it's twin sisters - either storing plastic figure 'superheros' or kitchen junk like cloth shopping bags, super sized garden torch, leftover newspapers..... but actually it's future looked up when I decided to store it beside my hot pink armchair and stack it with books and magazines (or 'mazageens' as Felix still likes to call them). Bliss in a basket.

From here, and for as long as The Beauty allows me to rest (woefully not long enough I say) I can watch the boys doing their mad sort of play - plastic storm trooper man riding farm tractor and brandishing a playmobil axe at oncoming giant teddy bears and T-Rex. Or dressed up with capes and visors and fairy skirts (with realistic metal police handcuffs) they set sail on the sofa 'boat' to poison their enemies (true story plot).

Trying to ply them with tasty snacks I found a packet of chocolate chips (woe is me - I am inflicting chocolate denial upon self right now or else would surely have sniffed them out long before now). Had forgotten though the strange way Felix likes to eat chocolate. That is to lick it and then use it like a lipstick to paint his face (such a waste of chocolate I tell ya!). Isaac told him he was a crazy maniac. Felix did then laugh like a maniac but then stopped and said very seriously No. Maniacs carry axes



Yeah. Your'e probably right, nods Isaac.



Woah.... I am heading for the nearest exit out of here.

But wait! Check out this cute dress Mianh sent for Esmé! Even more delicious because you can see her dd over here wearing it too! Lovely.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Love your hot pink chair! I also have a STACK of books beside me for when nursing Lola, the only quiet time in our house.....Cute chocolatey photo of Felix! X

M said...

yay, it arrived and fits!

that *is* a delicious pink chair :)

G said...

My children call them "mazageens" too, though I have tried gently correcting them in the past. I guess they'll change it at some point, and then I'll miss their odd kid-isms.

Esme is growing so fast - she's beautiful! And as always I love your boys' hair. And the hot pink chair is awesome. I need a book basket now.

emma said...

Oh I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a book basket.

Wonderful recent posts!!!! elderflower cordial (I always thought the heapsof sugar was to do with preserving it for longer? But I guess yours won't hang around long enough for that to be possible) and slings - I think I only have three at the moment, none in use of course, and one of them is completely lorst somewhere in our home. I know which cupboards the other two are at the bottom of - Huggababy and Toddlerhawk. I think I'll buy/obtain a new Wilkinet when the time comes - we loved that last time around for months and months and months. The current huggababy is at least the fourth one I bought. I finally learned my lesson and stopped buying used ones on Ebay.

Scrummy E pics.