Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pop Up House



This idea came from one at Sugar City Journal and was much enjoyed here. Making miniature is always so cool, I would have loved to do this as a girl - heck I had more than enough fun doing it today. We made the kitchen and then a sitting room and I could have expanded to do a whole house but the baby on my knee was fed up having her hand poked out of the way of snipping scissors. She wanted to fling herself on to the table. Did I mention this baby just wants to fling herself into everything? Well she does. Just yesterday she was watching me eat a nectarine and decided to attack it herself and reached forwards to give a lick. I was astonished and delighted, she is so bold. Her brothers left solids until they were so much older (Fe was 18 mo when he had his first nibble) it is cute to see her adventuring. I mean at 4 months she seems crazily young for solids and I am not even going there with her yet but she is so up for anything - she sits on the bed with me holding just her elbow for balance.... amazing little person...

Well, yeah, the House. Where was I? So the idea is just to get some stiff card (we used A3 sized) and make a fold lengthwise in half and then the pop out furniture is just sets of double snips, varying lengths. So many possibilities.



Very easy to get carried away with - truth be told I would have liked to do it ALL by myself :lol The boys were just as enthralled and then they went off on a tangent and made a whole stack of tiny little books (they want to make a library next) with writing on and everything, all of their favourites.



3 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a lovely idea - maybe you should get a dolls house? I've got one and I must admit it is still a shell as there is never the time to do any work on it. Or I am too tiered in the evening ... My son loves playing with my house and quite often moves the furniture around. I often thought about getting one for him ... maybe we will give a homemade one a try.

Julie said...

Hey a magazine swap..what a great idea! Sure, I would love a copy of the green parent, we don't get that here in NZ. World Sweet World is a new NZ mag, this is just the second issue, prob why you have not heard of it before. Not quite finished reading it yet, but will definately finish over weekend, so if you email me your address then I will post it off to you in the week. I am julieedlin@hotmail.com hope you have a lovely weekend...X

Claire said...

Oh that is great :) But give yourself time with it yk, I always like to skim read and browse for a while - no rush! Just whenever you know :) I will email you tonight with my addy!