Thursday, July 10, 2008

drawing



Both boys have been drawing and painting with gusto of late. Sometimes weeks go by without them expressing themselves on paper. They go mad and seem addicted, then it tapers off again. We are in the middle of the compulsive stage right now heightened by the arrival of some new Doodle books. We have the range of Rosie Flo colouring books (boys here not put off by the endless dresses!)

And so Amazon shrewdly led my wanderings to these Doodle books by Nikalas Catlow too. They have made us all laugh, get excited, and the ideas that pour onto the pages are truly funny and creative. Basically the pages are A4 sized, each one with a different heading and rough drawing with bits left out.






~click on pics for closer look~

They have been great today with one sick boy on the sofa and I think for travelling and rainy days they are brilliant companions. For pre-readers most of the hints and headings are explanatory enough but it doesn't take much input from an adult to help out there. Thumbs up from our house!







3 comments:

nil said...

I left something for you on my blog

http://joyfulhomemaker.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

what great little artists you have.... I love those doodle books am definately gonna look out for them! Kalem is the little artist in our family he loves to draw and often spends hours at his little desk, so sweet.

Did you still want to do a magazine swap???? I have well and truly finished the mag now. Not sure if you sent me an email, if so I didn't get it. Just let me know if you still fancy swap. Have a great day....X

Claire said...

thanks sonia! Off to look.... :)

Julie I am certainly up for a swap still! have been house bound for last three weeks without a car so have not been able to venture to post office! So just let it slide.....I will email you with my address etc, cheers!