

This is the latest of my sewing adventures - a little drawstring bag with travel Naughts and Crosses game. My dh cut the discs of wood for me, I sanded and Isaac oiled them. I painted the symbols on after the pics were taken. Also the flip side of the discs are numbered 1-9 for the game Magic Square - or for little children, just for counting.

I finally managed to get a little table hauled out of the garage, washed sanded and installed upstairs in the little spare room (now renamed as my grand 'Sewing Room'. How exciting! I got to try out it's new name today when Felix asked if I had seen his skeleton mask and plastic handcuffs - Oh yes! In my Sewing Room! He looked at me with wide eyes and said; do you mean the Sofa-bed room? Looking pointedly at me as if I regularly act in a crazy manner and randomly change the names of the rooms in the house. I may as well have said yes dear, in the Teapot room right next to the Banana storage area, seeing the My Mother Is Strange look on his face ..... goodness. Only time will tell if the new name sticks). And so a flurry of excited sewing has begun.

Little Beauty was rewarded for her patience and 'help' with a little white plusch mouse with jingle bell sewn inside.
3 comments:
oh goodness Claire, these are gorgeous .. now off to make my wish list with one of these and one of your dolls at the very top.
have ordered camera, thanks for your help.will be here tomorrow, can't wait.
big love
x
I love that Noughts and Crosses game. Was thinking of making something similar for the girls stockings.
What a lovely light sewing room!
Oh, a sewing room, what a lovely thing to have!! I really love that noughts and crosses game bag too, what a clever idea!!
I love patching trousers too, amazing how a scruffy old pair of jeans can be transformed.
Post a Comment