Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Today I made:



~ A pond with The Water Baby and her brothers for our little tadpole friends. Lots of digging, lots of lifting lots of hauling... but I have a good kind of achy tired happening to me now. Plus I made something! Outside! All on my own! Well Isaac did A LOT, but yk, I was the only adult, so I feel superhero-ish. When the grass grows around it there, oh in about five minutes at this lush spring-rate, it should looks kinda like it belongs.









~ A dress for Esmé from an old skirt I found for 50p. In it's previous life it fitted someone with a Big Butt so I think I may get TWO dresses from it. Bargain. More skirt, more for your money, more to revamp into something :)





~ Ok, so I didn't make these vests but since they were lying around unused and rather useless (but they are organic cotton! my inner voice of frugality cried - do something to them!) - I snipped and hemmed and now have two regular vests that should fit for the next season.



~ The Beauty - well she just made a mess. A pretty button-y one. It gave me chance to sew though, so it's all good.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Pond is AMAZING, well done to you all, it is so cool...... Love the dress as well, very cute! X

Agnes Nz said...

Your knitting and sewing are lovely!

M said...

haha! I just did the same thing to a wool vest someone gave me that was too short for N and too wide for a new baby.

Very impressive pond btw :)

slugs said...

well, no wonder you were so tired in your email!! Well done, you! I am so impressed. I hope you had a glass of wine with that bath last night to celebrate your superhuman acheivements.

(did you sing Pollywog in a Bog the whole time, or just part of it?)
Kat

Claire said...

M - Yeah what is it about wool vests? I did the same with two a while back, the bodies were so short yet the sleves had at least 2 inches to spare??? Mystifying the 'normal' babies they use as size-models....

Kat - Yes I did sing Pollywog ;) How could I not :lol We had a great day at a friends house collecting them the day before and when we were home they looked so pitiful in their bucket I decided to make a pond for them. Without my dh. He is the gigger and labourour type here, me, I just like to stand and (annoyingly?) instruct (ahem).

I had this time frame to work in, must hurry, must finish before esmé gets to tired, must keep one eye on the baby while dragging rocks from stream, must watch she does not tip into bucket, must NOT ask boys to watch her (again), must amuse her while digging..... it was fine though, and I did mange to sing so wasn't so rush rush. Mud and all we treked to the garden centre and bought some pond plants, then I dug in some reedy things (turns out they are violets - whoops) and today I am just going to gp over there and sit and stare at the 40 odd tadpoles, watching for the magic moment when they grow legs. But will esmé be content with sitting watching? ha. i think not :)

Pippa said...

Oh, your blog is always so inspiring!! That little dress is beautiful, I'd be sooo chuffed if I'd made that!!

sunnymama said...

The pond looks really lovely and the dress you made is adorable!