Monday, January 18, 2010

book sharing monday

This is just perfect for a boy who loves drawing. I read it about 8 times over 2 days to Felix after a friend gave this as a gift. I don't mind a bit; its cute and easy to read and makes Fe smile.

A boy drawing his own world as he goes along. Perfect.







I'm going to have to make another wall hanging for him, this one fills up faster than I can keep up with shifting drawings to a folder....

7 comments:

Wyld Jane.. said...

oh you ! amazon here i come that book looks brilliant x and your wall hanging is brilliant !

Pippa said...

I like the look of that book! I wonder if the library will have it, otherwise, it's a trip to my favourite bookshop in town (conveniently positioned next to Sue Ryder charity shop - yay!!) I love the clear pictures and I think, as a child, I'd have loved the idea of drawing 'real' things.

Wall hanging is really pretty!

Amber Liddle said...

Oh, I just love this book--it was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I got it for Ingrid and she promptly ripped out all the pages...We'll have to try it again when she's out of that phase!

Unknown said...

this reminds me of Anthony Browne's book 'bear hunt', in which the bear draws his various escapes
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bear-Picture-Puffin-Anthony-Browne/dp/0140553568/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263901005&sr=8-10

The wall hanging is fab, think I might have to steal your idea!

melody said...

That was Steve's favorite book when he was little, and one of mine too!

Claire said...

Ohh I 'll check out the bear book, thanks :)

emma said...

we love that book - it always doubles as a reading/colouring book here, like the Cat in the Hat :)