Saturday, January 23, 2010

my sunny saturday



It's not all *that* sunny here, weather wise, but actually what I mean by the title is a rounding up. A what-I-am-grateful-for post.

My saturday is so sunny.

There's so much to be grateful for. As my grandmother is apt to say sometimes, 'you don't know you're born!' And it's sort of true. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes you're not awake and alive and grateful for your lot. I don't want a tragedy to have to remind me either. So it's my once a week special (er, just like my Free Food Friday....ahem).

My sunny saturday.

Join Me. (Even though I'm not Danny Wallace) Please. A collective bit of gratefulness is so therapeutic. I'll even make a cute bloggy logo later....


Today, in it's glory, I am ever so grateful for:

~ a banana breakfast ice cream tart



~ stars in the sky so early this morning that my insomniac self was alone and joyously awake to see

~ fresh sheets on my bed

~ this 'free from' chocolate cake that was divine. I pigged it in one day, with some help but yum. I'll be making that one again.



~ a singing baby

~ that my dh takes control of the wood pile and chops chops chops at 5am so we have wood for the day ahead. True love.

~ dressing up clothes



~ the comfort of knitting for someone you love

~ a walk with two of my favourite people





~ we saw snowdrops! Amazing, I was delighted and it rubbed off, Felix danced with glee.



~ an old car whizzed by us, it was pretty cool. No seat belts! Felix saw a little boy in the front seat...



~ being in the cold, with warm clothes and breathing the air so clear and fresh.

~ my family alive and safe right by me. Amen.







9 comments:

emma said...

Oh my goodness! You saw Danny the Champion of the World in real life!!!

Claire said...

:lol Exactly!!! I doubt Felix will remember that bit.... he certainly remebers the raisins tho :)

It really was a man and boy very much like that!!! Totally cool. It was like they whizzed by ghost like from a whole other era.

Taking Time said...

Gorgeous idea! thanks!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful area you live in. Love the pictures.
Blessings
Diane

Big mamma frog said...

I'm grateful that my kids have arrived at the perfect age (6, 8 and 11) before I got too worn out to appreciate their energy! And I'm grateful for cheap wine and chocolate chips in the baking cupboard and that my kids forgive me when I've had a bad shouty day...

Wyld Jane.. said...

lovely post today x and lovely pictures x

Unknown said...

Those magic moments twixt day and night are sometimes so special, stars, sun and moon.

Very jealous of the wood pile ours is depleated and we are v. cold in hilly Tuscany. Lovely pics x

Sian said...

We saw the same car on sat, Innis was so excited :) Sunny Saturday what a great idea, it was always my fave day of the weekend! Any excuse to reflect on the many things to be grateful for.
Also followed your link for the cake, with a few tweaks the rawberry cheesecake looks great for Innis. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pippa said...

Beautiful post Claire!