Sunday, March 21, 2010

just me and the girl



The boys were away watching their very first real live football match at a Premier League stadium (Isaac's advanced 9th b'day treat). This meant The Beauty and I had chance to drift around house and garden not doing much of anything, just enjoying things as and when they happened.



Her curls. We had a bath together and washed our hair. For once she didn't want one of her million hair slides in, so the curls floated around her head, halo like.









Blue Wellies. They are all she talks about (to us and every stranger we meet). The other day at Isaac's Street Dance Class she took them off, gave them to a lady-stranger and told her to put them back on her feet. Then gave a little dance, flushed and took them off again, telling us all 'blue wellies!' about seven hundred times. I love how she keeps on saying it until someone echos it back. She'll pause in agreement. Thinking, yes, blue wellies. Then start up again... 'blue wellies!' Like we could all forget. The boys are mighty sick of it, but game mostly, although they don't answer sometimes to see how long she'll stay on repeat. It lasted us all the way to town and back. I might chuck them out in the night and see if she notices. Just kidding, I'm far too scared of her to do that. She's be screaming blue wellies at me all day if I did, just for a change.

The garden is looking fresh and although not that spring-green yet, promising and hopeful and as always there's the evergreens to buoy us up.





Warm dampness brings forth life.







The veg patch, the edge leads to the stream...





I filled an old wheelbarrow with compost and then sprinkled in wild flower seeds, a butterfly trap, right near the sand pit.



She certainly knows that art is both one part concentration and one part relaxation!



6 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

Your pictures are always so gorgeous!

I love the game of repeat until someone says what you're saying! Ingrid does that all the time, it's ridiculous!

Dotty Delightful said...

"blue wellies" love it, it made me and the hubby smile when I read it out loud to him, love the photos, it takes me off in a dream and the last one is so adorable x

Wyld Jane.. said...

such beautiful pictures x

Joxy34 said...

LOL, how gorgeous, love the pics and the last one had me giggling out loud!

Elisabeth said...

Lovely. You live in a beautiful place!

emma said...

<3