Monday, March 22, 2010

pixie den



The pine tree at the veg patch was until today chock-full of rubbish. Our own rubbish: empty sacks from bought compost, bark chips, sand... bits of wire, plastic containers, broken pots, bits of wood, and a shed load of tossed aside what-the-fucks for that day when you might just need them. Which never ever comes. So I emptied the lot, made a mound of plastic to be recycled, wire was rolled and stored, sticks made into a stick-pile. Chard's of pots stored, I snipped bits of branches and heaved over some stumps from the wood pile. Voila. A den for my three pixies.




Or rather another entertaining 'trap' so that I might do some gardening with them nearby.... ho ho. I could lie and say it was pure magical intention for them, which of course not knowing my reasoning, it may well be, but secretly I love gardening so much I need lots of dens, pits and interesting corners for them to want to be outside with me just a little bit longer. In any case, it's win-win all round.





4 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

They never need know it wasn't purely magical intentions! It looks so fun, I had a little tree den like as a kid, too, it was great.

sue said...

What a wonderful den :)
sue x

Pippa said...

Wonderful!! When I was little, I had loads of dens to retreat to. I even filled on of them with pots of the stinkiest horse muck from the very bottom of the pile to act as 'central heating'!! When we move, I fully intend to make more dens - for ME!! Because adults need a place to hide sometimes don't we!

Anonymous said...

we have the SAME THING! the girls call it their tree fort. we hope to get outside this weekend and clean it out after the long winter!