
Felix declared, on pancakes it's all good. Although when asked for his choice he asked for the sloppy one. I had to remind him that's not a word the jam or I appreciate! Ha! Thank you kindly. Lets just not even talk about jam..... funny though when you say that because then suddenly it's all anyone wants to discuss. Like my mum just ringing to tell me she's made a million jars of plum jam and burnt her oven to soot (not just me then with jam problems).

A 'new' picture (from books, I admit, I take things from books if I have a need to see it more often than book flicking allows).

In the kitchen, discarded jewellery and a don't-know-what-to-do-with pretty squash.

I picked hazelnuts, all alone. In the rain. It was pretty lovely.

I even caught a tree in a puddle. The rain catches so many things, one way or another.

Inspired by this skirt and her blog generally, I made two of my own from other things I own and don't use. Although without the essential pockets. They are planned for the next one. I plan to be skirted up for the whole of the darker months. I made another two today too: green wool and green cord. I have the sewing bug but alas, now not the elastic to make more skirts. Found two lovely wool shawls I forgot I owned (really you can't be in Wales and not have many many wool items) and am planning what I might make with them, a skirt for me and some hats... maybe a pair of wool trousers for The Beauty? I love the deciding stage, where everything is possible and in your mind you are terribly skilled. Sure beats the reality of a mad fabric eating sewing machine and a self who has never had a sewing lesson yet :)


First conkers of the season.

A prickly white mushroom was awesome and never seen before. Every time we walk along here there are different mushrooms. I have no idea what any are, but we like looking at them very much.

I sometimes dress knowing that only the trees and my children will see me. And the bales. The bales! The fields look so neat and trim but are an ocean of spiky drinking straws.



8 comments:
Lovely skirt, really like it.
Ohhh and the nostalgia! I adored haymaking (not so much straw very prickly lol) season, stacking the bales, then lifting them onto the tailer (not machines doing it for us back then), getting covered in hay, bitten by midges and then down to the pub afterwards for a well earned drink or two and singsong... sigh. Oh yes I miss it.. darn hard work, but so satisfying.
Gorgeous skirts!
As far as the jam goes it would be lovely in porridge too:)
Mmmm what a lovely welcome to Autumn your posting feels! :) I, too, love the skirts andwould love to make something as pretty for myself.
the boys on the stack is a stunning picture
Love the skirt, did you use a pattern? The fabric is gorgeous! My mum made jam yesterday with plums from the garden... it also had many boils and refused to set!
Beautiful skirts, beautiful pictures and, as always, beautiful blog.
And why not dress everyday as though only our babes and trees will see us? I often do.
Uma x
You make my heart ache for Wales.
what beautiful autumn images, and a beautiful blog, too. I love visiting here. blessings, nicole
Post a Comment