Friday, November 05, 2010

trials of plasticine and an owl



Kat over at Slugs made this for The Beauty and it is good. What a cute as a button design. She custom makes them on her folksy shop too, so buy one if you are hat less this winter. Thank you Kat! We love it.





I asked Esmé if she thought Georgie liked her hat..... we *know* he *loves* birds. He makes a fancy cage for them in his mouth, lets them go for a bit and re catches them over and over just to entertain us. Esmé remembered...



I have been addicted still to the plasticine stamps and made a pretty little winter tree looking thing. It was so nice to use and to look at I was pretty sad when it morphed out of shape into a blob again. The trials and tribulations of plasticine. I did manage to make a couple of cards though so all was not lost.



Now for the rest of the night which will likely consist of: Bonfires, sparklers and the usual annual celebration of the burning alive of a fellow who didn't like the government.... strange how festivals and celebrations also morph into happening. Still. Anything for a knees up, the chance of supping some cider and the ever thrilling excitement of fire! Happy Bonfires :)

6 comments:

kat @ slugs said...

so glad you got it and like it. Keep warm!! Its getting COLD!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

aahh love that hat, so cute! How about making stamps out of fimo, you can then bake and keep it for a long time.

Roof said...

Love Esme's expression!
And the hat and plasticine stampings are also very lovely.

Elisabeth said...

That's a FAB FAB hat! It's getting cold here and my dd needs a new hat!

The Yarn Owl said...

The hat is amazing... I wish my lady wasn't so against wool on her head!! I have a parcel here for you from the clever hands of my knitting mum, I will get a'posting!! Hope you like them

Alice xx

Claire said...

Alice! I have one for you too all ready to go :)

Claire xox