Or 'Duchess Beauchamp Belle' is her alternate Kennel name.... But Ginny she is to us.
Obeying Esmé on a sit command (for a treat, of course)

Squishy cute face, getting plenty of love.

Felix wishing he could lift her (she's hefty - he is not!)

Wake up pup!

Please excuse this being a dog-blog for a while :) I don't think I shall be able to help it! Dogs are a huge subject I am finding out.... I have been cram reading puppy books and dog psychology books even, and books on feeding dogs a diet of raw meaty bones.... and still they don't cover it all... like she whined for her mama and siblings and what to do? I sat by her and stroked he until she fell asleep..... good, bad? No idea. It's a dog -what-to-do jungle. But a cute one, at least :)

Reminds me of early babyhood again where another's needs dictate yours, and when they sleep you try and do as much as possible, mad. But lovely.
11 comments:
Congrats on getting Ginny - she is soooo sweet! Did you put a few drops of rescue remedy in her water bowl? Can't wait to meet her xxx
She is gorgeous. We are all puppy obsessed at the moment as both we and my mum have poodle pups at the moment. We do puppy AP, even taking our puppy Coco out in the sling when she was waiting to be able to go for walks!
Cute little puppy! What books do you have on feeding dogs raw meat? I do feed my dogs raw and also my 5 cats(!). They do love it. If you have any questions just feel free to ask. Vanessa xx
What a cutie no wonder you are all smitten! She'll be spoilt rotten... it's a dog's life!!
San
Vanessa, I have the book Work Wonders - Feed your dog Raw Meaty Bones by Tom Lonsdale. I always felt uncomfortable with the idea of feeding an animal, another mammal things I don't eat myself - grains, so its' good to read this and get confirmation :) I keep wondering if it is ok to feed a raw chicken drumbstick/leg to a pup? I mean I already have :) And she devoured it and chewed up/crunched to shreds every last scrap of bone, the whole thing vanished. But I keep wondering which bones are NOT ok to use? Giving a bones seems to eliminate the need of so many chew toys I reckon... do you?
Claire
Oh she's so cute! Won't be long before you have a giant beast on your hands though - tee hee! My mum gave her dog raw chicken wings and she demolished them, I think pretty much all raw bones are fine, just the cooked ones which can splinter. She also used to have some Nature's Menu raw dog food in the freezer for ease sometimes if you can't get out or whatever, check them out. Want to transition our dog to raw but DH squimish about meat in house! We have the B.A.R.F Diet by Ian Billinghurst which is also good. All our dogs have loved stuff like raw broccoli and carrots too which other people seem to find odd! Happy Puppy training! x
Hi Claire,
they normally say chicken bones are very soft bones so should be used as beginner bones for dogs. My dogs are older ones and I only started feeding them raw a couple of years ago.
I don't know the book you have. All my books are german ones. There is a good forum on barf which helped me at the beginning. Its for schnauzer dogs but their advice on feeding barf is good. I give you the link www.schnauzer-forum.co.uk
As for toys well I still would buy her some toys. Not sure if you ever heard about KONG? Its good for keeping the dog amused for a while you even could put little bits of meat in it. Do you ever heard about zooplus.co.uk ? you will find it there.
What do feed your cat? Have you tried to give him some raw meat?
xx
yes! I just ordered some kong toys, they seem to be made for dog biscuits but I will use meat.
I give my cat a combination of his cooked meat food, biscuits and raw liver and bits of raw chciken. I see him eat mice, every last scrap, so the raw elemnet in his diet is pretty high, he is just taking a while to switch over..... cats seem like pretty fussy creatures. Ours will not drink tap water, I have to either get stream water or just let him find his own (I see him at the edge of the stream drinking)!
thanks for advice, will check out the website and forum mentioned,
Claire
PS you double posted so I removed one :)
Anna, our organic butcher has to pay to get his bones taken away so is more than happy to give me as many as I want! Free dog food! he also uses all f his organic meat scraps, live etc and minces it. You can buy this raw 'dog food' from him in little frozen blocks for pennies. I have been mixing some with grated raw veggies and giving it aswell as the bones.
I freeze all of the bones (seperately, first time I just threw inthe bag and they all frooze togehter) and then take one out and either let it defrosta bit or give it frozen - that is also supposed to be fine. No meat smell what so ever. And she has lovely scented breathe! Maybe that is just her puppyness tho....
oh how CUTE. you're so lucky, i'm a dog person without a dog :(
i also don't eat grains, btw.
Post a Comment