Monday, May 09, 2011

yellow love, love yellow



I never much felt anything one way or another for the colour yellow. But in knitting this I felt the warm glow making me feel the same. Happy!



Boo boo girl said, 'ohhh, it's soft!' It really is soft. The yarn is Mirasol Kacha - a merino, suri alpaca and silk blend. I had wanted to make this bigger than my last and so cast on accordingly, but mysteriously at the end it was smaller. Ah! Oh well, like everything I knit, it will surely find an owner eventually. This is the pattern, I adapted it slightly and will put my notes on ravelry. You can see where the supposedly identical dye lot balls were joined. I guess that is just what happens when the yarn is hand dyed and spun in the Peruvian highlands. I am not complaining, I like it. Who could not! It's yellow! And happy! (Ok, enough exclamation marks for one post, I am not insane, well I probably am, but not over the yarn).



I stayed in bed last night after nursing the girl to sleep and fortified myself reading Thich Nhat Hahn. It helped. It really helped. When I loose myslef too often in the coulds, and shoulds and oughts and in memories, or future wonderings it helps so much to bring myself back to the now. The present, the only place of true life and living. The only thing that ever exists. Finding joy in the everyday moments, is not only enough, it is all there is that really *is*. All else is imagination. The colour yellow, and taking great plasure in it felt like a good way to start the week. Om Mani Pad Mei Hum, the ancient healing chant is so beautiful. Another way to fortify and uplight is always to listen to something magical. As is this version which you can just leave on in the background pretty much forever :)

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Such a beautiful colour! Love it! Love that vest, i just saved that particular one in my favourites on Ravelry. Was it easy to knit? I'm kind of a beginner....

Unknown said...

i adore the style of this. gorgeous.

we brought back with us a cd version of Om Mani Pad Mei Hum from Nepal. i can listen to it for hours in the background.

Claire said...

Monica_ oh wow, a CD would be so good! i am wondering if there are things to buy at amazon sismilar..... i should look :)


Elisabeth -The little cardigan was VERY easy to knit. A total beginner could do it, really, much easier than it looks.

Claire xox