Wednesday, January 04, 2012

new year yarn along



In truth these pants are the third item on my needles this year. Which makes it a super knitting year already. Thought I'd join the years first yarn along. I am using some Rowan merino 4 ply that was gifted to me. I really don't like 4ply all that much. I am a dk girl. So I am holding two strands together, one chocolate, one deep dust pink. It's interesting knitting with two strands. But I might miss out the moss stitch sections and do something else on these Kanoko Pants. I love the look of moss stitch, just not the making of. Sometimes it's worth it.





I made this little bag, because my older knitting bag, the lovely yellow Harris Tweed one, was just too small for hefting around my current knits. Or really what happened was this: Esmé needed a bag for her dolly clothes, so I pooped upstairs meaning to hunt one out and instead sat and sewed her a quickie from the lovely purple Harris Tweed sent to me by the even lovelier Jacqui. I brought it down and gave it to her and she stuffed it and then promptly forgot about it. I looked long and hard at it, dumped out the doll clothes and re filled it with my knitting. Whoops. Today then, on my to-do list, is the making of a new doll clothes bag.

I just finished reading The Time Travellers Wife (again) and started We need to talk about Kevin, by Lionel someone. It's really too bad there is a picture of Tilda Swinton on the cover, it's wrecked my idea on what the character might have looked like, had it not already been made into a film. Tilda Swinton scares me. I'd be really nervous around her, she always plays such icy chilling roles. I just read the very quick Books vs Cigarettes by George Orwell too (just to yk, stretch my mind away from modern lit). It was interesting, but I was glad to nose dive back into story-land.

We seem to be playing a LOT of the card game BLINK at the moment. It was a stocking filler and a good purchase, only The Beauty can't stand loosing and she looses every time. Then she insists on swapping places with the other player, sure that over that at that side of the table must be wear the winning streak lies. Then she looses and screams that she is NEVER playing again! Did you CHEAT Felix? She bellows. Again? In a tiny voice not four or five seconds later she is asking who will play next with her. It's sort of torturous really. We see her dealing and edge out of the room.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, those little pants should be just ADORABLE when they're finished. Enjoy!
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism