Thursday, May 10, 2012

some random things



Start of the outdoor kayaking season for one (happy) bigger boy.

We have had ONE day of sunshine in the last ten days, you bet we were outdoors for it.




I knit one quick pair of Llama wool newborn socks and a pair of mittens to match



We welcomed a new male guinea pig, baby Herminone (I really did say 'male' but I don't get to make name choices...)



I did my usual waiting/knitting for people to finish lessons (ballet this time).



And just for fun I battled (again) with the head lice (and hopefully kicked their butts).

4 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Oh the perennial game of hunt the lice. *sigh*

Love the ordinary moments, you have a way of capturing the beauty. :)

devonmama said...

Ah, I am often found peeking behind ears for those pesky critters. The eldest's plan of washing his hair as little as possible seems to work for him! Good luck :) Love your baby socks too, do you have a pattern? Mine look nowhere near as sweet, I am ashamed to show photos of them lol x

Sian said...

loving the pics Claire : )is that Isaac on page 17 of the Hay Festival brochure?

Claire said...

Yes Sian! that is Isaac in the brochure :)

devon mama, the pattern I used was the newborn Mitten sock on ravelry, it was a free download and very easy and quick to make!