Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Winter Hat IV



This is just, erm, another willy hat. Excuse, please, the obsessional and repetitive nature of the knitted items on this blog right now. I used Julie's fabulous rainbow wool for Felix's winter hat. I knit the whole thing last night watching A Thin Red Line, so however long that film is, that's how long it took to knit up. I feel like I have made so many of these hats know I could knit them blind folded. Or even (gasp) watching a subtitled film.



Excuse the repetitive pics too, he is such a lovely little thing though I couldn't help put so many up. These were taken early-ish today while I was waiting for some bread to defrost so as to take a packed lunch to our home ed. group and Fe decided to water the bench because apparently it looks a nicer colour when wet. Or maybe that was just the shock this week - seeing the wood dry for the first time this rainy summer.



Cast on another hat today for big brother Isaac who told me this morning on my bed when Felix was modelling his new one that willy hats were too babyish and he wanted a bigger boy style hat. Mmmmm hmmm I can do that. Yes I can.... even though it will be tough withdrawal from the making of the familiar comforting yearly willy hats to a brand new style. A new era in children's hat making. Daunting. Here's hoping I can rise to the challenge and meet approval in big-boy hat making. A silent nod of assent and a winter of wear will be quiet enough thanks. Yessss Sir! On I go into the unknown......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all things Rainbow and that hat is no exception! Just what we need to brighten the darker months.
I look forward to seeing the big boy hats!

Anonymous said...

oh just remembered I have a question for you Claire! Where do you get your sheets of beeswax for rolling candles from. Have looked on a few websites but the postage gets a bit silly. Thinking I might just opt for a kit from Myriad. Any suggestions?

nocton4 said...

great hat again, have pm you the pattern for bowls
x

Claire said...

I bought the beeswax from Thornes, they sell to bee keepers (google it, they have a website). It works out cheaper buying massively so maybe you could go in with a friend? Or go solo and decide that everyone you know will receive a candle for Christmas :lol

Julie said...

The hat looks FAB, glad that you found a good use for the wool, it looks great!!! Still trying to decide what to knit with the wool that you sent, I have so many different projects on the go now, it is getting ridiculous. Have a great weekend.....X

Anonymous said...

Hmm, had looked at Thornes but it was expensive for small quantities. Oh well, a job lot it is then! Don't mind really, I adore the smell of Beeswax!