Friday, October 17, 2008

Winter Hat V



Hat number five and it's not a Willy Hat! It's the hat from the Stitch and Bitch Book. I have one just like it only in girly colours which I knitted from odds and ends ages ago. This one is knit on two needles and then has an invisible seam. The yarns are two cashmere-merino local blends and the black is a Debbie Bliss cashmerino. So it's super soft. Which is what a hat is all about, cos' who's gonna' wear it if it scratches or itches or whatever?

Isaac likes it. It's a boy hat he said.





George the cat jumped up on to the fence to join in, he's a real scatter brained cat; the one who frolicks and footles and plays. Like Sliky Malinky he is a stalking and lurking adventurous cat. With bright yellow eyes and a warbling wail and a kink at the end of his very long tail. He is cheeky and cheerful, friendly and fun.... Ahem. Ok so I'll stop! I once realised I had read that book so many times I could recite the entire thing word for word. Which I did. On car journeys for a week or so over and over and the boys joined in. Phew. Fortunately for my own sanity it has been a while since I read it - but I do like it I have to admit, it's one of my faves from that collection.

Isaac wanted me to photograph him on the fence practicing balancing beam gymnastics (serious face required as is my commentating and pretending each time he is from a different country). He is sure to be in the next Olympics he thinks. But just in case he does not make the squad for Gymnastics he has his trump card - his BMX'ing. Which also he thinks is almost good enough for Olympic standard. Which team will he decide to be in? Ahh it's a tough ole choice he thinks but thankfully he has a few years to mull it over.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Lovely hat, may have to "borrow" the idea....
xx