Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby Legwarmers



I couldn't find a pattern I liked enough online so I invented one. What I wanted were leggings that don't droop after five minutes of crawling. Actual bought Baby Legs cut off circulation in my wee ones legs, and often her ankle is on display to the wind while we are out and about and she is in the sling. These are stll in the testing phase but are coping with demands so far :)





How to: Cast on 44 stitches, spread out around thre DPN's and then K2, P2 until they are the desired length. Easy peasy and importantly easy enough to knit whilst involved in other things (like talking to children or watching a film). This is Blue Faced Leicster local pure wool, hand dyed. It is scrumptiously soft and I am already knitting more in a pink/lavender. Knitting in the round is quite addictive :)





2 comments:

willow81 said...

They look great, such a pretty colour. Did you dye it yourself? Mine are still on the needles, had to pause them to knit DH Valentine's Hat! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so cosy! Esme is such a lucky little babe :)