


It's.............
another dress!
The last dress was a bit tight for my ball of fat baby milk. I literally had to squish her into it. So I made another.

Don't look to close at the sewing. My machine is schizophrenic. One time I can spend 30 precious minutes fiddling with the tension while it spews out crazy stitches and I am just about ready to dash it all out of the window (well not really) the next it is as sweet as honey and running on silk. I don't understand it one bit. I said to my dh it just needs a rest sometimes I think. He stared at me in that way because in his mind machines don't work like that. In mine they do, my old camera was a prime example. Sometimes you wanted to throw it into a wall and the next molly coddle it for it's submissiveness in my putty hands. When it was in the crazy bad-ass stage I would turn it off and leave it for a good ole' rest - machine 'time-out'maybe? Perhaps they DO work - but only on machinery! Ho, ho...
So half of this dress is crazy bad-ass dress with wonky stitches and the other is sweet as pecan pie and as straight as I can manage (I can only blame the machine for so much).
It is a bit too big. A big girl tunic later maybe. Perhaps garish? I just loved that little apple print - red heads can wear anything, I refuse to believe anything other! Well this one can. When I dress her at least.....
11 comments:
Oh I LOVE the apple fabric. And are those a finished pair of babylegs I spy under the dress?
I ordered my buttons and they haven't arrived yet, boo hoo, no postman for days with this snow, but my Mum has just received her parcel from Fabric Rehab, exciting!
Where is that gorgeous fabric from???
Lovely dress and the fabric is perfect for a redhead! There's a fab pear print as well ;)
The dress is lovely Claire. My machine has tension issues too. I can usually forgive though as it is at least 40 years old and I'm guessing I may become a liitle cranky too once I get past 40 ;)
I wish I had been brought up with the notion that Redheads can wear anything. I was denied the girliness of even the palest pink when I was a child but somehow yellow was ok(?). Thank god for adulthood and freedom of choice!
gorgeous dress - I adore the fabric and your little one looks sooo cute in it!
Such a cute dress Claire! I want one! lol. Really must learn to sew properly this year. :)
Laura/Mamoo
She just looks precious and the dress is adorable. Can't get over what a big girl she is becoming!
I love it! What gorgeous fabric, and it suits her very much. :)
Yes I have a temperamental sewing machine like that! Sometimes the only solution is to dismantle it a bit, de-fluff everything around where the needle and bobbin are, and squirt machine oil in the mechanical-looking bits inside. It makes such a difference: every time I do this I'm reminded that my machine isn't meant to sound like a road drill!My machine is also temperamental about the sort of thread I use - it absolutely HATES cheap thread and throws a big tantrum if I use it!Oh and sometimes I take a small screwdriver and make a very tiny adjustment to the tension screw on the bobbin holder - I think the vibrations make it loosen intself and after a while the tension goes weird. Machines are strange aren't they?
The fabric is from Fabric Rehab dot co dot UK. they have some fab fabric!
No, Esmé is not wearing legwarmers that I made she is wearing some wool leggings I bought from Cambrdige Baby, I think they are Disana ones. They are so snuggly and soft, we have a few pairs now, pe4fect for baby wearing and winter!
I do have a pair of baby-legs on my needles right now tho, they are nearly finished so pics soon! they are so easy and addictive once you get started....
I ordered the same fabric in the yellow/green combo to make Galen a shirt because I thought it was so cute! Of course I ordered it through a co-op ages ago (like late spring!) and it still hasn't come. On the plus side, when it does come, I'll have a bunch of nice new fabric that has long ago been paid for... I got some other prints from the same line that coordinate with it to make matching pants. And I let Elijah pick a print too (was a really good co-op price). AND I allowed myself just one little yard of the 'vintage cherries' print, *just in case* I happened to have a girl :) (remember this was just after I found out I was even pregnant). Now I'm just really hoping that it all comes in time to make little gifts for spring baskets.
That girl of yours is GORGEOUS! And she can absolutely wear any color! And the little dress turned out terribly cute despite machine struggles.
Post a Comment