
These jeans are third hand, and now they can see another season through because I patched the knee! No idea how the wool felt will hold up in the washing machine. Typically I didn't think about that until I was securing the last stitches. Ahhhh, they look cute tho. And as my dh pointed out, at least now I can find out how it holds up for future patches. Did I ever mention he is the ultimate optimist? Well he is. Over the years it is rubbing off on me. I think....

The boy with the patched up knee is about to turn six so I have made him one of these pencil rolls. There are so many being made in blog land right now that I don't think I need to say much here about it. Except that it was easy and satisfying to make. And super quick, maybe half an hour? More because I could not decide which printed fabric to use, dither, dither. I used an old navy wool jumper of mine that was in tatters because I loved it so much, the back panel was decent enough to snip up. The toadstool fabric was from Fabric Rehab, so not exactly a thrifty use, but what can I say? I am starting to become a regular spendthrift over there :)

We have several packs of Lyra pencils floating around the house, some missing, some in the car... Felix goes through them until they are stubs, he draws so much. I thought this pencil roll he could stuff into his Art Bag for his travels, since he is certainly a boy who likes to cart things around with him when we leave the house. So now I have added to his load, in a nice way of course.
1 comment:
Cute pencil roll. I need to learn to sew. I think my kids would like one of those.
Post a Comment