Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Girl!



Last week was birthday time for The Beauty - she turned one!



And she had her first taste of 'chocolate' cake (ok, mashed banana and pear, agave and spelt with cocoa). Her first balloon, her first blowing out of candles but certainly not the first time she was adored from all sides by her family.





Her brothers sewed little bird finger puppets and their singing of 'two little dickie birds' over and over was her favourite part of the day and now several days later it still features highly in distraction and amusement.



I made a felt birthday crown the night before, but sewed it by hand as my machine was being it's usual high spirited and un-cooperative self.



A year since her birth! Hardly possible..... such a magic birth and every day in my bathroom I look around and remember her being born there. Seriously every day. And I always smile and that smile carries me through the rockier bits of that day's parenting. Mostly, anyway :)



Little girl, you love pears and smoothies and our cat, your brothers. You sign to me 'cat' and 'eat' and 'more' and say 'P-P-P!' for 'puss puss'. You are frightened by hot water bottles and horses and make us laugh. You squeal, well, like a girl and make us laugh again. You adore opening and closing lids on jars and bottles and no full one is safe from your little fingers. You are mesmerised by our hens and are still carried in my arms for most of the day. You sleep by my side and love us all.







Happy birthday our sweet sweet girl!

9 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Awww she is simply and divinely lovely.

That first birthday, isn't it a lovely exciting time and also kinda sad too - for me it seemed to signify the end of babyhood...and it really had gone very quickly.

Love the birthday crown - what a lovely keepsake.

Joxy.

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday!
She is so gorgeous! Birthday hugs and kisses from Willow and myself.

nil said...

well that was the fastest year ever... Happy borthday pretty girl!!!

look at those beautiful boys growing and playing with sissy

sue said...

Happy first birthday :)
Beautiful pics.
xxx

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Esme!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I loved these photos. So pretty.

Julie said...

Happy, happy late birthday to your gorgeous little princess...... Oh my goodness our girls are growing up so fast!!!!! How funny I have just finished a post about Lola's first birthday.....

Thank you for your concerned sounding comment, I have been on a bit of an unexpected break due to having a friend visit. It seems strange to have been away from my bloggy world for so long and it is great to get back and find out what has been going on.

I LOVE the gorgeous finger puppets that the boys made, what a lucky little sister. The birthday crown is realy cool too. The photo's are all lovely the kids are gorgeous as ever. From the photo's that I have seen of you it looks like your little girl looks a lot like her mama hey!

Sending Esme lot's of birthday love, kisses and fairy wishes.....X

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Esme!

Claire, I've probably told you this before but she is just so adorable. They all are!

Belated birthday hugs to Esme.
Natalie
X

Ps. did my email get through?

Anonymous said...

lovely post! She is such a sweet girl! happy First Birthday to the whole family, but especially the birthday girl!