
Today was the True turning point in the wheeling of the year's seasons. Why? Because today was the First day of the year that I was able to hang my wet washing outside on the line! Ye-ha. I know, I know I have waxed lyrical about 43 times already in the past about how much I LOVE hanging my laundry up on the line. But I don't care! I need to say it again! It was wonderful :) I have this pile of ever-so-slightly-damp clothing on the floor of my bedroom now which smells just divinely of Outdoors. Cool, fresh and with a hint of woodsmoke (could that be a description of a new laundry liquid fragrance???!!).

So I spent a lovely hour with The Beauty in the sling and with Felix and I (jumpers over our PJ's - who the heck dresses early on a Sunday morning anyway?) hanging out washing, playing on the swing and platform and then welly-wading in the stream. I was on such a high. No drug ever gave me such a happy-feeling. I swear hanging out washing (with optional children cats and chickens at feet ) ought to be a regular feel-good prescription from every Dr. in the country. It should go: 1) Take wet washing outside. 2) Peg onto washing line (get one! get one!) 3) Stand and admire clothes blowing to and fro whilst listening to birds, looking at trees and new growth in the garden 4) Retrieve and inhale lovely aroma on clean cloth 5) Do it EVERY day the weather permits








The chickens give us warm eggs still. Amazingly they each have laid every single day this winter. Supposedly they don't in the darker months but ours have. I put it down to their outrageous diet of wonders - oyster shell, organic laying pellets, grains of wheat, and scraps.
Free-ranging vital for good health (put that on the Dr. prescription too).
My Spring Fever even ran back with me indoors where I whooshed around upstairs flinging open every window and pulling back the covers on every bed for a good airing. I am hoping tonight the scent of Spring will have seeped into our pillows...
7 comments:
I totally agree about the line!! It is my absolute favourite thing. I love standing in my kitchen and looking out at the clothes all lined up. Actually, I love nappies on the line best.
Come on, Spring!
I want to swap lives :(
Hey honey- no one lives some perfect life - I certainly don't! I just choose to show the nicer bits.
A friend said that we can choose what to focus on, and with this blog I do that.
Have a good day, really truly, and I hope the wonders of Spring touch you :)
That was well said Claire!
I am happy that you are getting Spring there. I am getting a hint of autumn here, but it is still very nice for hanging out laundry too ;)
Ohh what a lovely stripey line of clothes, I'm so draw to stripey things... are they pajamas? And where from?!!
You have just highlighted all the best bits of my Sunday too, including the wandering around the garden in pj's with chooks in tow!
Nothing quite like the smell of spring :)
Alice - the blue striped PJ's are my 5 yr olds - they are from Green Baby! I love organic cotton PJ's and always buy them in the sales in advance of my kids growing into them. the pink and purple stripes pj's were actually a nightdress also from Green Baby (sale itme again!) only it was not being used much as it was hard for my dd to crawl in. So..... I snipped it in half and then turned the elasticated feet end upside down to become the waist - then snipped in the middle and sewed up and down to make legs! Now they are very much in use! Cheaper than regular PJ's too!
We have lots of striped clothing - I adore stripes. Erm, I think every day someone is wearing stripes here, but not me, not so cute on adults :lol
Post a Comment