Tuesday, August 04, 2009

zen and the art of finding a comfy chair (and knitting in it)



I had a morning at the hospital. Again. With a fibre-optic camera thing up my nose and down my throat. Not an emergency, just an appointment scheduled from a while ago (everything looked fine :) )

So yeah, not exactly a free and easy happy morning. But this afternoon it improved :)
~A mega veggie/bolognaise sauce omelette lunch (once the anaesthetic wore off enough for me to swallow)
~A nap with the Boo Boo girl.
~Stories with the boys (look what we found in Lidl for 99p each!)
~Then, finally, after setting the soup-dinner away, clearing up dressing up clothes, and laughing at the way Esmé pushed Felix from his chair so she could sit there next to Isaac and eat pancakes - I finally got to sit in my cosy chair with my knitting (sock number two).









Knitting is one of those things that totally chills me out. Like meditation. I get into the groove of what I am doing and it's kind of trance like. I don't talk, I just sit. And knit. I can watch what else is going on without having to be a part of it, baby comes and goes, busy, active, boys bustle, sway, chatter, and I am still in my zone. An afternoon like that (or even just a slice of the afternoon, OK, more like a slither) makes up for the hyper stressed morning.

But required is a comfy chair. It's a must.

Add in a handful of knitting and it's worth waiting for.

3 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

:O Wow! Amazing book finds!

Glad you had an on-the-whole good day, and that the tests were fine.

Pippa said...

Your time in the hospital sounds pretty uncomfortable, glad you were able to relax when you got back. Your home always looks so cosy and inviting in your photos, I'm not surprised you like sitting in that chair and knitting!!

Anonymous said...

that has to be the most beautiful shot ever of The Beauty perched there!