Sunday, August 02, 2009

knitting book, another



I bought this book just for me. Not to stereotype but a book featuring a girl who likes to knit - well I didn't think my boys would find it as thrilling as me. They didn't. But they really did kinda like it. I read it to them twice today (and once just to me). I have far too many knitting books, but this one is a different sort, a book about a girl who knits. So that's OK then.







Eventually after misunderstanding Nell and her knitting (and even making fun of it) her friends come to see it as special and worthwhile. So they join her.

Simple story, a love of knitting and lots of knitting pictures. Very sweet.

One day maybe a girl of mine might like it too. I can't imagine her not knitting even a tiny bit when I do it so often.... but well, funnier things have happened. In any case, I am happy to have it on my shelf :)

My knitting up there, the teal blue and purple? Socks for the girlie who only has one pair to her name. One pair! Soon to change, soon to change..... I seem to find these rhythmic knitting patterns; where I knit as the nights draw in and in the darker months of the year and it' started already. The earth has swung her arcing pendulum full tilt and now everything is swinging back to dark. Even if I never looked at a calender I'd know the feeling of change by my urge to knit :)

~ the yarn is Rowan Pure Wool, and the pattern is the dk sock pattern from Web of Wool ~

3 comments:

Pippa said...

That's so true!! I have lots of unfinished projects and have been playing with my sewing machines all Summer, but a couple of days ago, I dug out the jumper I'm knitting Minnie and happily sat knitting it and feeling all cosy while I did so!! How strange! I wonder if I will be sewing in Winter!

The book looks lovely, a girl can't have to many knitting books, can she?

Sian said...

Me too, I've just started a tank top!?! for Innis, in the brightest colours possible!

Anonymous said...

i adore this book! though i have never learned to knit, isn't that crazy!

it's on my list of things to learn next year!