
I am not sure which boy of mine calls crisps 'crispies' or where it came from but they both do. With all of my salad and green munching I feel very lacking in crunchy foods.
And I hate feeling deprived, I refuse to actually. And really I don't. I am boringly (ecstaticly) happy with my diet and my food right now, I shift the way I think to accommodate my foods, so when others are eating cake or crispies or some such thing I don't have I actually just feel like smiling: I *know* what these foods taste like. I don't need to eat them right now to know all over again. I don't want these foods in my body, I am happy these folk here are enjoying them though.... something like that goes my thought process. At first it was a forced thing but now I just do feel that way. Pretty cool.
So I made these. It's not the first time but I had forgotten about them and it's been a couple of years since. A dehydrator is called for really. But I don't have one. So I use the cool oven on the AGA with the door ajar.

Kale Crispies
Cut the thicker stems from your kale, and then shred the rest into inch pieces. Toss in a big bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and lots of seasoning. Spread on greaseproof paper in a very very cool/warm over or dehydrator and let them turn yummy and totally cripsy. It took about 5 hours for mine to do so. They are SO like crisps! Unreal. Very tasty sprinkled over soups and salads as seasoning too.

The finger puppets the boys made for Esmé on the occasion of her first birthday are very loved and well used still. BUT they do tend to fall of her tiny fingers, so mainly it is I singing Two Little Dicky Birds for the millionth time and making birds peck, while she struggles to keep them on her tiny fingers..... so this morning I made this : her very own teeny tiny bird puppet.

I lay them, the little trio, next to her so that when she woke from her nap she'd see them. She did and we had another few rounds of our birdie song as she popped upright to see me :)


Storing them in a little case Felix adorned with stickers for her.
5 comments:
Aw, that is just so lovely!!
so cute. May have to try those Kale crispies...I am craving kale like nothing else at the minute and I am getting (slightly) bored with seared Kale every night.
They look so yummy....I wouldn't even have thought about doing that with kale..
and the littleun is looking gorgeous as ever!
Gorgeous puppets, and do I recognise an Ikea fabric on the bottom picture's stool? I love their birdy-animaly prints - somehow small children bring out the Moomin-lover in me.
what a delightful thing to wake up and find. so vibrant.
great job!
Post a Comment