Whether or not to continue this blog. Thinking it might be time to purge my Internet identity.... received some not nice comments about my baby. My baby for goodness sake. Who would bother going to such lengths to put out that sort of negativity? Which has left me feeling vulnerable for putting myself and family out there. Here. In what I suppose is not really a safe enough space. Feel ridiculous that I ever thought it was.
Going to mull it over while I am away, but I have really enjoyed doing this, it has been therapeutic and I feel I have made lovely friends. Until now.
Be well, all who read this.
46 comments:
Please do not disappear completely. I will miss you as I'm sure many others will too. How horrible for someone to be unkind about your beautiful baby. There are some wierd people out there. Try not to let it affect you...easy to say I know. I am having my own issues right now with a negative force and you have been my shining light!!! I have enjoyed reading your blog and always look forward to the next post.
Take care of you and your family.
Much love xx
How awful that someone would leave negative comments on your lovely blog about your beautiful daughter. Please do not take these hurtful words to heart, as Carolyn said there are some not very nice people out there but I am positive that they are in the minority. Hope you have a nice time away, best wishes for you all Clair x
I am going to agree with those above me here. Some people just don't have the grace to see the beauty in your Beauty. Your family. Of whom I also enjoy reading about. In my chaotic moments, I do love to come read your blog in this ever so large world wide web. It brings me thoughts of peace and simplicity.
How horrible, you must feel terrible. There are some weird and miserable people about, not to mention cowardly too. Do whatever you feel is best for you and your lovely family, I too will miss your blog if you decide to stop blogging, but I think everyone who enjoys your blog would understand. Don't let it spoil your holiday, no internet nutter is worth that!! Take care. xxxx
I'm sad to hear that someone could be unkind about your lovely daughter. Your blog is wonderfull and heart warming and I'd be sad to see it dissapear.
Lorna x
Oh Claire! How awful. And how could anyone say anything awful about the Beauty???
You could always disable comments I suppose, or make it an invite-only blog? Artzy certainly did that for a while.
xx
Claire-
I understand. i have received some very hateful comments and emails. Can I first say that there are people out there called Trolls and they thrive on getting a rise out of people. They patrol blogs and forums and make hateful comments because they can. They look to target those who they feel they can shut down and hurt. For me, I wanted to quit the blog as well (all of the "breaks" recently were partially related to this). HOwever, I decided that if I did so, they would win. They would have gotten the power over me and it would fuel them on to do it to someone else. So I banned their IP and did not respond and continued on.
The second thing I want to tell you is that I would miss you, but I understand what ever choice you make. If you want to look into the issue of Trolls in more detail, let me know and I will email you links.
Haven't been reading that long, but am really enjoying your writing, and your baby is, as you already know, just lovely. Anyone who says otherwise, and who takes the time needed to post comments to that effect, needs their bumps felt.
If you decide to move, will you let regular readers know by email, perhaps? I purged my online identity once because of similar problems, and was really touched by how many readers got in touch when I asked for email from anyone who wanted to follow me to my new home.
I too would miss you if you went. I'm so sorry you received hurtful comments about the Beauty, as others have said, there are some strange people out there and because the blog world is 99.9% lovely it comes as a real shock when someone nasty comes along. Have a lovely break in Scotland, and I hope we will get to know how you got on. xx
Dreadful =[ there are some nasty, thoughtless people out there. Don't let it stop you blogging though, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it's been such a joy to read. I for one would really miss it if you disappeared completely. You could always make it subscription only or something like that.
That's appalling. :( I hope you do stay around, I do love reading your posts.
**hugs**
Oh Claire, that is so upsetting for you. I hope you continue as I gain so much from your writing and photography, but I know how I would feel in your position. Please find peace whilst you are away, and as already suggested, please let us know where you go to.
Your darling Beauty is gorgeous and as are all your children a shining credit to you.
Love, light and blessings Kate x
I don't think I can add much more than those that have posted before me, but just to say you so often echo my own thoughts, but so much more eloquently, I would be sad to see you leave, but if that is what you need to do then it is completely understandable.
Blessings
Claire
I'm at a loss for words,I just wanted to echo everyones words. hugs and blessings to you and your beautiful family.
xxx
Claire, I'm so shocked to hear that someone would do that!! I love reading your blog & looking at the pictures of your beautiful family, I always find it inspiring and would really miss it if you stopped. Although I can understand why you would want to. Love to you & your family
Lucy x
I will miss you too if you decide to stop blogging. I've been reading for a while having found you via another blog. I've really enjoyed hearing about your country life and your lovely family. I also find it incredible that people will go to the trouble to leave horrible comments. Best wishes, whatever you decide.
please don't stop blogging your posts are lovely xx
Wow, I feel so heart warmed to see such a beautiful response. Thank you all so much, I appreciate your comments greatly, more than ever :) So so kind. I feel much lighter about it all, so thank you.
Claire
Please don't stop blogging. Your blog is lovely and like others I enjoy it very much and always look forward to a new post.
Maybe an invite only blog would be a solution?
Hope you have a nice time in scotland with your family. xx
Oh I LOVE your baby! She is goooorgeous!
Trolls can feck off.
But I'd understand completely if you went the invite only way.
xoxoxoxox
Why would anyone want to make comments about a baby???? Weirdos.
I'll miss your blog if you stop, but you need to do what feels best for you.
Have you considered changing your blog address? Or making it invite only? I had to do that with mine at one point.
Hugs xxx
Izzi
Hi Claire, Wow, I just can't believe that anybody would say anything negative about your amazingly, beautiful and totally delightful child!!! Please, please don't let it get to you, whoever wrote such things does not deserve a moment of your precious time. I don't know what was written but I feel so angry and sad for you. Please don't go I would definitely miss you and your family and it seems I am not the only one. Peace, love, blessings and loads of hugs to you and little E... Julie X
Sorry someone so awful had to say such comment to you...I have had that happen to and there seems to be people out there who are bent on saying bad things to others...
Please think it over...you could make your site private and only by invitation...
When things got ugly over on my site I had to think long and hard and decided to not let the people with lack of brains take me away from the community of people who have been nice...
Good luck in your choice...I have enjoyed your blog...just found it a few weeks ago...
Take care
Nadine
I hope you decide to continue blogging, I haven't been reading very long but have found your posts beautiful and inspiring, how anyone could make comments like that is beyond me
Becky xx
I feel for you x I am changing my blog over to private viewing at the end of this month for the same reasons. There are some really sad people out there who love nothing more to pick over someones joys & blessings like a vulture. It highlights only their inadaquacies.
I had been mulling over making the blog private for a long long time,but this has given me the shove I needed. Ihave put my email address on the side of my blog & asked people who wish to keep to reading to contact me,you need their email to enter to into blogger to allow them to view you see.
Folks have said well dont write about your smalls,or dont have pictures etc but when I blog its spontaneous,I dont,cant! stop & think oh hmmm lets change that as some idiot might be reading sigh. So for me having it private means I can carry on being me :o) & know whose reading & I must say the emails I have been getting are just the sweetest lovliest things,people have been so kind,its nicer I thnk to know in a way who you are letting into your family.
Hope you cheer up,I was glum for days after what happened to me,but I have bounced back now,you will too x x
GTM x x x x x x
I echo all the comments. Any thought given to such negative people gives them way too much credit. I think your blog is beautiful. I love your free food friday, and your latest post on cloth nappies is what finally convinced me to completely switch over from the rotten disposables.
Thank you for your creativity.
Blessings!!
How awful, there are some really strange people around. Could you somehow make your blog invite only? I know a few people who have done that. I would really miss reading your words as I find your life and ideas so inspirational. Take care
Alice x
Oh Claire, I really feel for you :( I'm quite ashy person and often wonder if i'm doing the right thing sharing bits from my family's life on our blog. So, I would feel really shaken and upset too.
You have to listen to your heart and make the decision that feels right for you, but I too would miss your lovely blog if you decided to stop blogging. Your writing is beautiful and your photos a joy to look at...
Blessings
Gina xxx
Oh Claire, I absolutely love your blog, it is beautiful and inspiring. But of course, you have to do what feels right.
Thank you for sharing your world up to now, it really has been appreciated
xxx
How sad their life must be to write negative comments about a baby. Don't let them get to you. I really enjoy reading your blog. Have a wonderful holiday.
Oh honey!
I'm with Nikki, they know where they can go.
Unfortunately, I am having firsthand experience with nasty miserable, selfish people who don't care a lick about others, but in the end.
You are so full of sunshine and light as is your dear wee girl. Please do not let them take that away from you. Would miss your blog dearly, but do what you must. If you do go invite only, don't forget me!!!
You have a lovely blog that the majority of people appreciate, those who don't don't matter. Hope you make the decision that feels right for you.
Just a thought about comments, you could change your settings to moderate comments before they show on your blog, if you do continue to share your life with the blog world.
Claire I get such inspiration from your beautiful writing and photos. Your children are all lovely - I can't believe anyone would make nasty comments about them! They must be inadequate people who want to cause upset. I totally understand how you feel, I would feel the same. Why not make your blog invite only as others have suggested? Take care xxxx
Hi Claire
I agree with everyone else, do what you feel you need to for you and your family but I'd miss you if you went. Your children are ALL gorgeous, the Beauty isn't much older than my youngest so I enjoy seeing her enjoying the garden as I know mine will soon.
Enjoy your holiday
i can't believe someone would do that! Hope you don't go. I love your blog and you really inspire me in so many ways. your writing is wonderful. xx
How horrible, why on earth would someone be so unkind... I would dearly miss your blog, it's very inspiring and filled with helpful information and beautiful photos...you're the uk SouleMama in my eyes!!! Would you consider privitising your blog to your avid followers so we could continue to peep into the adventures of your beautiful family!
This post is seriously making me consider doing this myself.
Much love and positive blessings
Alison xxx
I'm sorry to hear that you were targeted by assholes. I would totally miss you if you stopped writing.
-Ingrid
I was thinking of you when I wrote my post tonight. Please go visit.
that's too bad...you have a beautiful blog. I used to have the comment moderation on because I had received negative ones too in the past. I think it's awful people would take the time to do that..sad really.
Hope you will keep on sharing your beautiful photos..
i'd be sorry to see you go.
I love your inspiring words and creative ideas, it would be so sad if you left, I feel so uplifted when I read your blog. There will always be odd people on this planet, do not let their negativity have an effect on your wonderful life. Sharon
Oh Claire I'm so sorry, I've not been around much and have only just found this. Will try and email you tomorrow if I get a chance.
Sending big hugs XXX
Sendings hugs and hoping things are well with you and your family. Missing your blogging. Take care Alison xxx
So sad that what is usually such a lovely bloggy world gets hurt by negative comments (and what sort of nutter would say anything horrible about your sweet baby!) I have really enjoyed your blog. Thank you.
We are all away on holiday still and my lack of blogging is due only right now to a lack of ableness on the little laptp to upload photos. I am so touched by the stream of kind words, they so make up for the one negative voice.... the one squished out utterly by the positive ones.
:)
Claire
Only just reading this so I hope you catch this message. I love your blog, followed for a while now but been absent due to new baby, demands from family. I would be sad to see your blog go but you must do what is best for you. I have faced some cyber bullying in the past, mainly due to our family size and internal relationships, child younger than grandchild etc, and I have hidden away from the places that caused me upset. So if you do go then i understand why. Best wishes to you and your gorgeous children. xx
Post a Comment