Saturday, November 21, 2009

this week...



~ We all seem to be in varying stages of having Swine Flu. Nice.

~ No electricity from 7am until after 8pm on Thursday (plus my dh was away in Scotland). Had to rummage for candles and only had fire for warmth and comfort. Very exciting for everyone but kinda stressful too, it didn't have to be of course, but it sort of was.....

~ The masses of wood we had delivered is seasoned, but not dry. Yikes. We are such novices at this, obviously. My dh was so forced to cut down a very dead tree and it turns out to be wonderfully dry inside (Ash maybe?) and burns fabulously. Unfortunately it means my dh is outside in the dark each evening after work with an axe. Not a good combo..... so much so that he spilt the axe and in a rage/tiredness went and bought a chainsaw. This means he's a man out in the dark with a chainsaw instead. Scary.

~ Isaac has finished his school experiment and we are fully fledged home educators again :) I'll write more another time about this experience if I have his permission, but it was not especially a good one, poor boy. But he's back, nestled in his home with us all and glad about it (albeit with swine flu).

~ There were art and craft projects....



~ And the modelling of new hats;





~ We entered The Land of Purple Tutu's.... It's mind boggling what a one year old can force you to buy.



~ A huge stain, HUGE, mysteriously appeared on the cream floor in the sitting room, roughly the size of my dd and coloured BLACK. Unnoticed by me my dh went and bought some vile Vanish type of stain remover, used it and now I am (being hyper chemically sensitive) feeling very sick by the yucky scent. It is just gross and ill-inducing and I am rather in a silent rage about it.... *sigh*. Poor dh!

~ The dishwasher broke. Heavens alive, it's a new thing for me, having one, but OMG, how did I cope before??? I am rather overwhelmed by the state of the kitchen. What with being a neat-freak and all.

~ And so, I went and ordered a huge fat pile of delicious wool for myself. Justified? I'd say.

Sick of my leaf and tree pics? Well, I'm not so that's OK. If looking out of the window and the briefest of walks is all I get this week I'll breathe it in while it's all still there.

Walks With Astonishing Splashes of Colour











3 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Haha I love your tree and leaf pictures. :) Get well soon, all of you. Sending gentle hugs!

Laura said...

Thank you for the clothes. They arrived today. Also for the gorgeous wool socks which are adorning my little one's feet right now! It was so kind of you.

I'd love to hear about Isaac's school experiment at ome point, if he doesn't mind you sharing. You must feel relieved to have him back. :)

Hope you all get better soon. Take care xx

Claire said...

Yay! Am glad it arrived! I do hope it is all useful, I have another pair of Tiny Happy shoes that are really worn out but feel sentimental about them so want to hang on to them! They never stayed on well with cotton socks for me so I thought I'd better include a pair of wool ones for you to get you started, otherwise you might get disappointed :)

We are all sooo much better, thank you, it's amazing how the body bounces back with care and rest. We are all pretty good, but my little ds looks so thin! After just a few days they can loose so much weight... time to feed him up!

Claire xox