Kiss me,
I am not broken
the words that tumble from their mouths
or are written on paper
are not true
I am whole
and perfect
I will roll through the misty dunes
suck on blades of grass
and push my hands deep in to the wet sand
you can find me
if you really look
the same as ever
better,
because I know things now
that you have never had to dream of
you may argue with me, I give you permission
I will not shatter into a million pieces
no matter how far I fall
like I said,
I am whole
and totally perfect
8 comments:
beautiful..and timely..after several tests and procedures I'm off to an appointment today to find out what conclusions my specialist has come to. And I've decided to take your approach. No matter what he says I will be the same person, I refuse to let his words have any power over me. Today will be a wonderful day regardless.
Beautiful, I just love your poems Claire x
Beautiful Poem Claire , love it so!
melanie - so many good wishes for today, I would love to know how you get on. You are totally perfect and whole no matter what. Fear is the worst possible emotion when dealing with anything health related! Hospitals are so draining, hope you find a way to restore your sense of self afterwards.
Thankyou Anna!
See you Sunday Emanation :)
xox
Such an absolutely beautiful poem, Claire. It touched me very deeply xx
Just thought I'd update on how things went - after 9 months of pain and tests and procedures and medications and heartache I finally got the all clear with my health. I'm weaning myself off my medications. Fascinating that when I decided to work on healing myself emotionally and mentally things finally fell into line physically.
Melanie! I am so glad for you :) So much love to you. Healing is a mysterious and magical thing and you will never be the same - only better and better I think. What you said is so true and was the same for me too, when I 'gave up' and surrendered and let myslef be however I needed to be, and let myself *feel* that I was ok anyway, I kind of got better and better physically. It's very very good when you get that feeling.
Claire xox
Claire, I wanted to let you know how your poem has touched me. I am going through a tough time at work trying to deal with an unreasonable boss, and these words have helped me realize that no matter what untrue, hateful things he says, I can stand strong and unbroken. Thank you.
Mary =)
Post a Comment