Wednesday, June 01, 2011

and live your life





“What I want to say is that the past is the past,
and the present is what your life is,
and you are capable of choosing what that will be…

So come to the pond, or the river of your imagination,
or the harbor of your longing,
and put your lips to the world.

And live your life.”


Mary Oliver, Mornings at Blackwater





6 comments:

kat @ slugs said...

i love Mary Oliver. I love your posts. I want to come and play with a puppy and have a cup of tea.

Claire said...

anytime hun :) Only bring the babies! xx

Sandra Ann said...

Wise words and thoughts to ponder.

Thanks for sharing

San x

nutshell house said...

Lovely inspiring quote for a tough morning. Loving the puppy too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous puppy, looks as if he is sitting on the naughty step!.............................Rosemary

PJ said...

Don't forget: toss your glorious red hair in the wind!